Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Hi All, its been a while!...

Default Hi All, its been a while!...

Hi all...

Im Scott..

After a rather long (actually, longer than i thought) absence from Mobile Disco's and the MDD forum, im back!
    Due to work and family commitments, like many, my mobile disco adventures had to be put on hold.
    Ive still kept my hand in to a point however with regular house parties, and dj'ing the odd monthly house music set, but recently i was asked as a favour to help somebody out with a Birthday party, which has also now seemingly multiplied into other bookings, so it looks like once again, im back out mobile at the controls...

My gear for those interested is actually reasonably up to date (with some vintage stuff for good measure), but using it mobile is where i need to hopefully pick your brains. DMX i really need to learn, music (for mobile parties) i need to update, confidence in using Denon Prime out and about, and any other help would be most welcome

Anyway, heres my current gear inventory...

RCF Art715-A mk4's
    Alto TS212 Sub
    Denon Prime 4 + 500gb Samsung EVO SSD
    Soundswitch Micro USB (havent got a clue how to use it yet!?...)
    Samsung Book 2 Laptop
    Equinox Combi Booth
    Truss and tripods plus scrims

Lighting wise, i usually use the following...
    2 x Equinox Fusion Spot 100 mk2's
    1 x Chauvet Mini Kinta irc
    2 x Equinox Spectrapix Batten's

Plus a couple of the par's below for uplighting...
    ADJ Vpar Pak
    2 x QTX mini par's plus 1 x QTX UV par

These i have as back up...
    2 x 'Amazon special' Floureon 30w moving heads
    2 x Acme ImpossibLED's plus CA-8
    Kam tri laser thing plus controller
    And some good old bulb burning Abstract lighting that i refuse to part with (Twister 2, Twister 4 250w, 2 x Gladiator Revs 250w plus hand controller) that sits quietly gathering dust.

Cheers All!

S.
    Last edited by DJS; 20-03-2023 at 09:18 PM.

Welcome/welcome back.

Some interesting kit, I'm trying to work out what one Alto sub brings to the party that RCF715s don't.
    Jesting apart, some perfectly competent kit there. Some of the halogen stuff was cutting edge in its day, the Twister 4s were great things.

Enjoy yourself.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Welcome/welcome back.

Some interesting kit, I'm trying to work out what one Alto sub brings to the party that RCF715s don't.
    Jesting apart, some perfectly competent kit there. Some of the halogen stuff was cutting edge in its day, the Twister 4s were great things.

Enjoy yourself.
    Thanks Excalibur

The Sub i used to add low end to the previous non-powered speakers that the RCF's replaced. Its currently in the 'man cave' giving my KRK Rokit's a helping hand for the odd dj set, but you're correct, it probably wont need to venture out at my first returning gig. It will actually be the first time 'out out' for the RCF's, so im a little unsure as to their potential!

Yes, the Abstract gear was great. i always thought the Twister 4 flanked by Gladiators when linked in sound to light gave a great show, especially through smoke. Its just a shame they eat through 250w bulbs like crazy!

S.