Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Hello to Everyone + Some Advice

Default Hello to Everyone + Some Advice

Hi Folks

Joined this on-line group really just to post a scanned PDF manual of a unit I've got that it appears no-one in the word has bothered to scan or post up anywhere. If any of you could give me some advice as to how to make this available to folk, I'd really appreciate that. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by StokeMusicDude View Post
    Hi Folks

Joined this on-line group really just to post a scanned PDF manual of a unit I've got that it appears no-one in the word has bothered to scan or post up anywhere. If any of you could give me some advice as to how to make this available to folk, I'd really appreciate that. Cheers
    Hello Neil.

Re your desire to post a manual, I'd be keen to know what it's a manual for. I reckon we'd get into trouble for publishing the Haynes Manual for a nuclear bomb! Unless our Celtic cousins have moved the goalposts again, your next post or next few posts will be moderated, so won't appear until one of the Mods/Admins have had a look at it.

Shaun actually posted a How To Guide here. It's fairly comprehensive, so I don't foresee problems, unless of course you have to make a minimum number of posts to be granted permission.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by StokeMusicDude View Post
    Hi Folks

Hi Neil,

Great to see you managed to log in and post! PDFs can't be attached to posts, only images, you'd have to upload it somewhere online and then link to the address if you wanted to keep it as a PDF. Otherwise export each page as an image and upload them as attachments here.

If you like, email me (same address as before) the PDF file and I can upload it here for you?

Default Hi Marc - Over to You

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Hi Neil,

Great to see you managed to log in and post! PDFs can't be attached to posts, only images, you'd have to upload it somewhere online and then link to the address if you wanted to keep it as a PDF. Otherwise export each page as an image and upload them as attachments here.

If you like, email me (same address as before) the PDF file and I can upload it here for you?
    Hi Marc

Thanks for your reply. I've just sent two emails to you direct as I don't really want to take multiple pics as I've already scanned each page of the manual. First email is a few pics of my unit in situ and the second is a PDF scan of the English manual (second half is in French).

If you can put the manual somewhere on the site, it would be great as my www research showed a few users were searching for this manual in the past. Cheers

Default Bluelaser DVD-888 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hello Neil.

Re your desire to post a manual, I'd be keen to know what it's a manual for. I reckon we'd get into trouble for publishing the Haynes Manual for a nuclear bomb! Unless our Celtic cousins have moved the goalposts again, your next post or next few posts will be moderated, so won't appear until one of the Mods/Admins have had a look at it.

Shaun actually posted a How To Guide here. It's fairly comprehensive, so I don't foresee problems, unless of course you have to make a minimum number of posts to be granted permission.
    Hi there . . Thanks for the reply. The manual I have is for a Bluelaser DVD-888 Karaoki player and I think a few users have tried to locate the manual for this unit which doesn't apparently exist anywhere on www. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Hi Neil,

Marc, note this day on the calendar, because I'm going to disagree with you, or rather Shaun's going to disagree with you. Did you not look at my link to Shaun's How to guide? ?

PDF is a valid file extension for posting, up to 3.81 Mb

Ooh look, I appear to have attached a parts diagram for my lawn mower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Marc, note this day on the calendar, because I'm going to disagree with you, or rather Shaun's going to disagree with you. Did you not look at my link to Shaun's How to guide? ?

PDF is a valid file extension for posting, up to 3.81 Mb

Ooh look, I appear to have attached a parts diagram for my lawn mower.
    I stand corrected!

Doesn't help in this case, though, as Neil's PDF is 15Mb! I've already uploaded it for him to post a link to.

Neil, did you get my email with the PDF link?