Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Year 6 Primary School Prom Music help!

Default Year 6 Primary School Prom Music help!

Hi all,

I'm doing a gig a week on Saturday for a local primary schools year 6 prom. I'm led to believe the school wasn't interested in doing one themselves for whatever reason this year (seems unfair), so the parents have taken it upon themselves, along with gathering a small budget to try and give the kids a good send off! They've asked around to see who knows anybody that can help out, and i was one of them. I said i'll do it.

As its my first 'prom', can anybody recommend what 11 year olds like to dance to currently?
    They are 'too cool' now for the younger kids party music i should imagine, but obviously still explicit lyrics need to be kept out of music being played, especially with Parents present.
    'Mumble Rap' and Drill Rap will be avoided like the plague too.

Am i looking at Ava Max, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, James Hype, Joel Corry, Little Mix and similar styles of music?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

It seems a lot of proms this year is being arranged by parents rather than the schools for some reason.

Music wise TikTok if your friend here. The proms we've recently done for Year 6 may try to be grown up but still love Hokey Cokey, YMCA etc...

Flowers, old town road, I'm Good (blue), Unholy, sweet Caroline have them all roaring the lyrics.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    It seems a lot of proms this year is being arranged by parents rather than the schools for some reason.

Music wise TikTok if your friend here. The proms we've recently done for Year 6 may try to be grown up but still love Hokey Cokey, YMCA etc...

Flowers, old town road, I'm Good (blue), Unholy, sweet Caroline have them all roaring the lyrics.
    To be honest i'm quite surprised at that! I would never of considered playing things like the Hokey Cokey and Sweet Caroline tbh. That's interesting!

I take it 'Unholy' is the Sam Smith track? As its a C of E school, i may have to pass on that one. The lyrics about 'Daddy getting hot at the body shop' may have parents chasing me out the building...