Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Zog.

Default Hello from Zog.

Hello all, I am Zog and am a seasoned D.J. I work in East Anglia. I play mainly a mix of music from Glen Miller up to good current dance music. I aim to play at family parties, weddings, hotels, clubs and other events/venues in the area. My system is basic but reliable. I run two amplifiers and two pairs of speakers for belt a braces reliability. I had a new 60W R.M.S. Technics amplifier back in the 80s and it had an automatic cut-off it it overheated, thus the second amplifier is used at the same time to prevent a total loss of sound situation. I use two newer amplifiers nowadays.

I still have an oldish heavy infinity scree which takes pride of place on stages as I do undertake retro 60s and 70s theme nights.

I am mature but young at heart.

I am very pleased to be able to associate with you all and learn and develop to these modern times.

Bye,

Zog

Welcome to the mad house.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Default In my opinion......

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Welcome to the mad house.
    "Mad" often relates to artistic and creative people. Thanks for the welcome.

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post

Zog.
    Artistic and creative? Not here mate, more deranged and unhinged, as a result of unsociable hours, awkward clients and guests, and unhelpful venues.

Wayne will love you, he's our main Retro supplier. I remember those Infinity screens, I think he's got a modern lighter one. He's in your general part of the world.

Mature, but young at heart? Well I suppose one out of two isn't bad. Some of us have been around a while.

Good to have you here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Zog.
    Actually it's M.A.D meaning Mainly Average DJs
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Artistic and creative? Not here mate, more deranged and unhinged, as a result of unsociable hours, awkward clients and guests, and unhelpful venues.

Wayne will love you, he's our main Retro supplier. I remember those Infinity screens, I think he's got a modern lighter one. He's in your general part of the world.

Mature, but young at heart? Well I suppose one out of two isn't bad. Some of us have been around a while.

Good to have you here.
    General part of the world? I need vaccinations and a passport to get into Norfolk (plus you get crabs in Zog's part of Norfolk )
    And my infinity tunnel sadly isn't lightweight coming in at just shy of 4 stones (it repels all boarders )

Welcome to the madhouse

Hi and

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Good to have you here.
    Thanks for the info. I used to live in Yorkshire many moons ago.

I am currently making a 240 Volt power supply supply for a friend who is running a small beach birthday music event at Cromer beach. A petrol generator will be too noisy so I am trying to get a 24 Volt D.C. static inverter to power up the sound and lights. Two 12 Volt leisure batteries in series will do on a trolly I hope. The X factor is: just how long will it run for, and will it cope with the surges? As yet unknowns.

Bye,

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Actually it's M.A.D meaning Mainly Average DJs

I suppose that M.A.D is better than BAD

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    General part of the world? I need vaccinations and a passport to get into Norfolk (plus you get crabs in Zog's part of Norfolk )
    And my infinity tunnel sadly isn't lightweight coming in at just shy of 4 stones (it repels all boarders )

Welcome to the madhouse
    The only problem here is that any advertising covers only 180 degrees of the compass as half of the covered circle is in the North Sea.

I had a crab once. It didn't like me and exited from all exit points of my body in a messy fashion. It put me off crabs.

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Hi and
    Do I need to contact the R.S.P.C.A?

Zog.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 30-07-2023 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Do I need to contact the R.S.P.C.A?
    The horse is already dead