Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Clubs.

Default Night Clubs.

Has anyone ever been a nigh club Jock? Do you have any interesting experiences to relate?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...e9a4e5bd&ei=20

Zog.

The end of the night often amused me.

I'd see men chasing after girls all night, and often there'd be a bloke who had "pulled" and then at the end of the night, the bouncers would want everyone out, so they'd turn some of the lights on, and look on the faces of some of the men at the point of seeing the woman they had pulled once the lights were on was amusing - many found reasons to need to make a swift exit!

It always amazed me that these fairly large venues in prime locations could generate enough profit from just a few hours of opening a couple of times a week.

I do night club cover 2 or 3 times a year. So much easier than mobile / wedding DJ!

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I do night club cover 2 or 3 times a year. So much easier than mobile / wedding DJ!
    What sort of numbers do you average at the clubs please? Are these all-nighters?

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    The end of the night often amused me.

I'd see men chasing after girls all night, and often there'd be a bloke who had "pulled" and then at the end of the night, the bouncers would want everyone out, so they'd turn some of the lights on, and look on the faces of some of the men at the point of seeing the woman they had pulled once the lights were on was amusing - many found reasons to need to make a swift exit!

It always amazed me that these fairly large venues in prime locations could generate enough profit from just a few hours of opening a couple of times a week.
    I don't suppose that you remember Cavershans Night Club in Reading, near Caversham bridge? When you got pished you could get a full English breakfast to absorb the happy juice. I think that the food availability was a requirement of the club's licence. The girl that I got a last dance with was even prettier when the lights went up, but I was too timid to pursue the relationship. I seem to remember that the last song was a long one, perhaps 5+ minutes long.(Spandau Ballet's True). Arr, golden memories.

Zog.
    Last edited by Zog; 10-08-2023 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    What sort of numbers do you average at the clubs please? Are these all-nighters?

Zog.
    I think it holds about 400 at capacity. Hours are 10pm to 3am. Music policy is R&B and Dance mainly with a little indie Indie from 90’s onwards. Audience tends to be from 18 to 40 year olds. Reasonably near a naval training establishment! Draw your own conclusions.

Many times though in my younger years. Give me a run of the mill wedding booking when I'm home in bed by 1 rather than starting my gig then for a fraction of the pay.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Must admit I turn them down as often as I cover for them as the pay is a quarter of what I earn for a wedding. Plus I am usually home and asleep by 1am to 1.30 with a wedding. I wont do a nightclub gig the night before a wedding either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    I don't suppose that you remember Cavershans Night Club in Reading, near Caversham bridge? When you got pished you could get a full English breakfast to absorb the happy juice. I think that the food availability was a requirement of the club's licence. The girl that I got a last dance with was even prettier when the lights went up, but I was too timid to pursue the relationship. I seem to remember that the last song was a long one, perhaps 5+ minutes long.(Spandau Ballet's True). Arr, golden memories.

Zog.
    Used to go there in about 1982 it is an Indian restaurant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    Used to go there in about 1982 it is an Indian restaurant now.
    You must have been there at the same time as me. I used to fall out of Cavershams and fall into the cassino opposite for a free coffee and sandwich. Normally I lost £20.00 or won £20.00. That was my limit. You had to wear a tie to get into the cassino. Spares were kept at the door.

The era of clubbing, C.B. radio and gambling.

Zog.