Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Is How It's Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I never actually understood the 'S on the end. Am I missing something? (serious question)
    It's generally a plural meaning they're trying to imply they sell more than just one service. Disco, karaoke, face painting, bouncy castle, venue decoration, photo booth, cuddly toy ...

I never actually understood the 'S on the end. Am I missing something? (serious question)
    "Entertainment" (singular or plural) seems to apply to a singular skill/attraction or multiple skills/attractions. The "s" is superfluous I believe as is the apostrophe as the word is not possessive.

Zog.

- - - Updated - - -

"Entertainment" (singular or plural) seems to apply to a singular skill/attraction or multiple skills/attractions. The "s" is superfluous I believe as is the apostrophe as the word is not possessive.

Zog. OOOooops, I seem to have broken the thread. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    It's generally a plural meaning they're trying to imply they sell more than just one service. Disco, karaoke, face painting, bouncy castle, venue decoration, photo booth, cuddly toy ...
    I think that "entertainment" implies an all embracing singular or plural meaning. No "s" needed.

My Boys' Own dictionary says: "Entertainment: n. Entertainment or amusement. An act or show intended to amuse or interest."

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Pretty much how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post

Zog.
    Correct in every respect, I believe.
    Sorry to confuse you earlier, but for years we've a running debate/altercation/fight/war as to the minimum requirements for being a successful Entertainer. ( Note the capital E).
    The knowledgeable chap with low cost, battle scarred kit versus " All The Gear, No Idea". I'd forgotten about the fuss my trusty old Class D speakers caused.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk