Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Disco Marketing from across the pond.

Default Mobile Disco Marketing from across the pond.

Zog.

I've not even watched it but the american market is wildly different in many ways to how it works over here.

If you're putting a new thread it might be worth putting some more context or a foreword if you want people replying and giving their thoughts.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I've not even watched it but the american market is wildly different in many ways to how it works over here.

If you're putting a new thread it might be worth putting some more context or a foreword if you want people replying and giving their thoughts.
    You need to watch it before replying. Basic profitable business practice is international and universal. The tutorial is meant to be informative and helpful to all D.Js.

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post

Totally agree with you

Think most have learned from our peers across the pond coming over telling us how we are doing things wrong. The ones who claim the knowledge is correct are the ones who have spent £000's listening to it

I do a LOT of American weddings, done one just last night in fact, and they are totally different to UK weddings - and totaly different to what the American DJs like to tell us too ironically
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Totally agree with you

Think most have learned from our peers across the pond coming over telling us how we are doing things wrong. The ones who claim the knowledge is correct are the ones who have spent £000's listening to it

I do a LOT of American weddings, done one just last night in fact, and they are totally different to UK weddings - and totaly different to what the American DJs like to tell us too ironically
    Surely the American market is not that different to ours. It's all about providing a service and making a profit, while keeping the client happy. Perhaps you would like to specify the differences in your opinion.

Zog.

Another typical Joe Bunn video. Vague tips on how to become a successful business. He's basically saying "do stuff the right way" while avoiding the most obvious: give your customers what they want.

Other videos of his I've seen had some really useful tips that likely wouldn't go down well with a lot of UK DJs. A big one was "don't waste money on equipment you don't need". He runs a very successful multiop business & his typical rig would get laughed at if he posted pics on many a uk Facebook group. Is he wrong? Nope!

In the above video he's basically saying 'become better at sales & marketing". There's no magic formula for this but people like Mr Bunn will fall over themselves to sell books & videos to anyone willing to pay for advice that isn't guaranteed to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    Surely the American market is not that different to ours. It's all about providing a service and making a profit, while keeping the client happy. Perhaps you would like to specify the differences in your opinion.

Zog.
    It is totally different, I actually do a lot of American weddings (in the UK) at a venue I am recommended at - one big difference is the way the DJ is utilised and the timings for a wedding.
    There are a few DJs who try to push the American style of wedding onto UK couples, some have great success at this too, but they really are chalk and cheese.

It is totally different, I actually do a lot of American weddings (in the UK) at a venue I am recommended at - one big difference is the way the DJ is utilised and the timings for a wedding.
    Agreed. Our American cousins are more MC than DJ and run the entire show in most cases, not just the dancing. American weddings also tend to be a LOT shorter with everything done and dusted (ceremony, food, speeches and dancing) in around half the time of a UK wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Agreed. Our American cousins are more MC than DJ and run the entire show in most cases, not just the dancing. American weddings also tend to be a LOT shorter with everything done and dusted (ceremony, food, speeches and dancing) in around half the time of a UK wedding
    Home with a cup of tea by 11pm a lot of the time.
    I love American weddings - also do a lot of filipino weddings which are even better - but can't see it catching on over here

also do a lot of filipino weddings which are even better - but can't see it catching on over here
    Nearly ended up in a Filipino wedding at one Christmas party for them! It was pointed out in no uncertain terms that the Lady in question was looking for a hubby. Sadly, the penalties for bigamy made it a non starter.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk