Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Tweeter Repair. A project for the weekend.

Default Tweeter Repair. A project for the weekend.

I have repaired one blown tweeter using this method and it was successful.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...56BF3BB26E2538

Zog.

Please try to use the insert video feature on the forum when posting videos. Not everything has to be a link to Bing... and most people won't follow them. I know I don't, as I don't want my browser history filled with your searches!

Just go to YouTube, grab the address directly to the video there, then use the insert video icon here to show it in your post: -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Please try to use the insert video feature on the forum when posting videos. Not everything has to be a link to Bing... and most people won't follow them. I know I don't, as I don't want my browser history filled with your searches!

Just go to YouTube, grab the address directly to the video there, then use the insert video icon here to show it in your post: -

I do not understand your complaint. What exactly is wrong? What is the big problem?

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    I do not understand your complaint. What exactly is wrong? What is the big problem?
    Not a big problem, I'm just trying to help. There's a huge difference between posting: -

and

I'm guessing most people wouldn't click on your link, but there's a higher chance of people watching the embedded video, so you're more likely to get replies.

I'm guessing most people wouldn't click on your link, but there's a higher chance of people watching the embedded video, so you're more likely to get replies.
    There's a general reluctance to click links which aren't obviously kosher. We have had various folk putting links up which let's just say have nothing at all to do with Discos, or common decency. We've even had unscrupulous folk trying to part us from our hard earned!!

The Technocrats have other reasons why it's a bad thing, but as a DJ of very little brain, it's too complicated for me.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Not a big problem, I'm just trying to help.

and

"There's a huge difference between posting: -............" Indeed, but apart from the obvious both are relevant.

I am not necessarily inviting replies, but am trying to impart/share useful tips or hints etc.

Whether people open my links is their prerogative. I view all links before posting them. If people decide to open my links good. they will benefit. If not then they are missing out. Many people have opened my links.

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    There's a general reluctance to click links which aren't obviously kosher. We have had various folk putting links up which let's just say have nothing at all to do with Discos, or common decency. We've even had unscrupulous folk trying to part us from our hard earned!!

The Technocrats have other reasons why it's a bad thing, but as a DJ of very little brain, it's too complicated for me.
    I personally vet all links posted to ensure that they are not scams, and are helpful and relevant I have faith in viewers' grey matter, and am sure that people can spot a scam and avoid it.

Zog.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 28-09-2023 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Merged posts

You may have to endure an advert or two. I love 80s power pop.

Zog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    "There's a huge difference between posting: -............" Indeed, but apart from the obvious both are relevant.

I am not necessarily inviting replies, but am trying to impart/share useful tips or hints etc.

Whether people open my links is their prerogative. I view all links before posting them. If people decide to open my links good. they will benefit. If not then they are missing out. Many people have opened my links.

Zog.

I personally vet all links posted to ensure that they are not scams, and are helpful and relevant I have faith in viewers' grey matter, and am sure that people can spot a scam and avoid it.

Zog.
    Firstly, I believe we were trying to convey that your helpful knowledge will be imparted to more people if you embed videos, rather than post links, which many people will still be suspicious of. Good heavens, Toby fought long and hard to get the embedding facility, let's make use of it.

Secondly, you may vet your links. You know they are safe. Good. However, as a fully paid up Luddite, the one thing I have had drilled into me by the Technocrats here and elsewhere is: "Don't click on links". I have been hacked by doing so before now, and all my contacts got the same thing, which then went on to theirs, and so on.

Thirdly, Mod hat on. You can edit your posts within ten minutes of posting, i.e. add things, remove things, embed other videos, and what have you. After ten minutes, that facility is only open to mods and admins. There's a reason for this, which I explained to Marc J, and I still don't know if the dour Scottish person was winding me up about it or not.
    That's why you may have noticed that whenever you posted twice in ten minutes in the same Forum, those posts magically did a Spice Girls ( 2 become 1 ) shortly afterwards. Keeps things tidier. Thank you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I found a better video for tweeter repair, I hope this helps for your project: -

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Firstly, I believe we were trying to convey that your helpful knowledge will be imparted to more people if you embed videos, rather than post links, which many people will still be suspicious of. Good heavens, Toby fought long and hard to get the embedding facility, let's make use of it.

Secondly, you may vet your links. You know they are safe. Good. However, as a fully paid up Luddite, the one thing I have had drilled into me by the Technocrats here and elsewhere is: "Don't click on links". I have been hacked by doing so before now, and all my contacts got the same thing, which then went on to theirs, and so on.

Thirdly, Mod hat on. You can edit your posts within ten minutes of posting, i.e. add things, remove things, embed other videos, and what have you. After ten minutes, that facility is only open to mods and admins. There's a reason for this, which I explained to Marc J, and I still don't know if the dour Scottish person was winding me up about it or not.
    That's why you may have noticed that whenever you posted twice in ten minutes in the same Forum, those posts magically did a Spice Girls ( 2 become 1 ) shortly afterwards. Keeps things tidier. Thank you.
    The big guns are out Zog. Keep your head down.

Zog
    Last edited by Marc J; 28-09-2023 at 11:12 AM.