Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: In need of a new CRM/event planning software

Default In need of a new CRM/event planning software

You may or may not know that the excellent Deckbooks will cease to exist a year from today (yeah....thanks for taking a year's subscription yesterday before making the announcement )

Anyhoo, I now need a new system. And the sooner the better before I end up with too many bookings coming in past the demise of the existing system and have the confusion of swapping people over (been there, done that when I left DJEP)

So, what's out there these days that's any good? I really liked Deckbooks because it fitted my business model perfectly. Not so many features you'd never use it, a modern look and UK based (which was a huge draw for me).

Any suggestions/personal recommendations?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Studio Ninja.

Works perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Any suggestions/personal recommendations?
    https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/v...hoCOYUQAvD_BwE

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

How did I guess that one would come from you? Do they make a stone tablet version?

It's been a while since I explored it, but if you want to offer something that is genuinely modern and looks great for your customers, then I'd explore https://vibodj.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    It's been a while since I explored it, but if you want to offer something that is genuinely modern and looks great for your customers, then I'd explore https://vibodj.com/
    Hideously expensive the last time I looked into it and aimed more at the younger generation (required an app last time I looked).
    Currently looking into DJ Intelligence and I'm liking what I see at the moment.

The bit that jars me the most is that I'm now in the position where I'm effectively paying for two systems for the next year.

I use DJ Intelligence as the back bone (found DJEP way too confusing and too much for what we need) but also other additions from google, wuffoo and zapier
    I don't think there is a complete one stop solution out there, probably because we all want something different.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

If you use Wordpress for your website it might be an idea to look at MDJM aka Mobile DJ Manager. It's a free open source CRM I've been using for years & for a very reasonable fee they offer payment gateways & a very smart form management system. I'll tell you now that google calendar integration can be a bit of a chew on to get to work but their support people are awesome at solving problems. They're looking at providing a hosted service soon & say they're willing to help current deckbooks users port over to MDJM.

Rumour has it that it's now got Spotify playlist integration. Not that I'd ever use it (you wanna playlist the DJ, book somebody else lol)

Another vote for MDJM for me. Manages all my bookings, Jack and Dan offer great support plus also are very open to suggestions to make it even batter.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)