Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: NFC Tap to Review

Default NFC Tap to Review

I saw this at my local chippy: -

Name:  2023-10-23 16.17.29.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  43.3 KB

Which worked quite well.... quick tap and goes straight to the Google "Leave a review" page for the business. But then I found them for sale online (here) and thought WTAF? What a rip-off!

For £8.99 you can get 30 programmable NFC stickers on Amazon. Program the sticker with the URL that Google gives you for leaving reviews (from your Google My Business profile), knock up something that looks half decent with the NFC stuck behind it (and perhaps a QR code, too), and display prominently at a gig.... then watch the reviews flood in???

You're not paying £70+ for it, and it seems smartapp.me products rely on you having an account with them as the taps / scans are redirected through them, so you're counting on them staying in business. With your own, you can reprogram them at any time if your URL changes.

Only question is... how safe would "leave me a review" stickers / QR codes be at gigs when drunken Uncle Knobend isn't getting his request played next??

How would it work though because surely you need to sign into your google account (Which I'd imagine most people won't remember their password or it'll kick off a whole "we sent you a code to your email etc....")?

Love the idea though, I'm sure the small number of richards would be overwelmed with the positive stuff (getting folks to repeat what they tell me onto google is the biggest challenge)
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    How would it work though because surely you need to sign into your google account (Which I'd imagine most people won't remember their password or it'll kick off a whole "we sent you a code to your email etc....")?
    Yes, whoever taps would need to be logged in to their Google account on the device they're using in order to leave a review, but isn't everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Yes, whoever taps would need to be logged in to their Google account on the device they're using in order to leave a review, but isn't everyone?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I use a business card with NFC tag - cheap option I popped a tag in between 2 business cards and laminated haha - which I use at wedding fayres a lot with a link to my enquiry form.

NFC never really took off for this side of things, but one day I think it will - QR codes are becoming rare again
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Ah I thought that was done on that device not like a QR type link to open on their own devices, that's cool!
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Ah I thought that was done on that device not like a QR type link to open on their own devices, that's cool!
    No, all they are selling is an NFC enabled sticker! For £70! You don't even get the stand with it!

Funnily enough I ordered a pack of NFC thingies the other day before I saw this thread. I'm planning to use one at gigs for instagram follows/mentions (eg a follow for a request) & one for wedding shows that'll take them to an enquiry form - not forgetting one for about my person for whenever someone asks for a card.

As for reviews... Maybe I'd ask an overjoyed customer at the end of the night to leave a few words on Google. I'm not sure about guests leaving reviews but it's definitely an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I'm not sure about guests leaving reviews but it's definitely an interesting idea.
    Particularly the ones you've just refused: Juan Moore Song/A spot of Megadeth at a tea dance/use of the mic to sing ( had that on Saturday ) or a play with your equipment ( o0oo err Missus )!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk