Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

Default Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

It's that time of year again!

For me, Mariah and Shakey went back into the deep-freeze at 1am last Sunday morning after too many Xmas parties in a short space of time to actually remember! I've since been and sorted the lockup for the next party (Jan 5th) and I'm now officially off work (or am I? Having taken a couple of wedding bookings for 2024 today alone!) until the first Saturday in January.

I'm a miserable old curmudgeon who doesn't even entertain the idea of being out on New Year's Eve these days. Being at home with family to ring in the new year after being away so many days during the summer is much more important than any amount of coin I could be earning (and many have been cancelled in this neck of the woods already).

Plans are already being hatched as to what I need to spend next year on kit (oh...it's going to make life soooo much easier for the sake of £2k off the bottom line). I feel a visit to SimplySound early in the New Year an absolute must...

To each and every one of you, a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

For me, Mariah and Shakey went back into the deep-freeze at 1am last Sunday morning after too many Xmas parties in a short space of time to actually remember! I've since been and sorted the lockup for the next party (Jan 5th) and I'm now officially off work (or am I? Having taken a couple of wedding bookings for 2024 today alone!) until the first Saturday in January.

I'm a miserable old curmudgeon who doesn't even entertain the idea of being out on New Year's Eve these days. Being at home with family to ring in the new year after being away so many days during the summer is much more important than any amount of coin I could be earning (and many have been cancelled in this neck of the woods already).

Plans are already being hatched as to what I need to spend next year on kit (oh...it's going to make life soooo much easier for the sake of £2k off the bottom line). I feel a visit to SimplySound early in the New Year an absolute must...

To each and every one of you, a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!
    Merry Xmas to you too! I pressed play on my final Xmas party on Friday the 15th of Dec (but I've had 1 birthday parties since then and I have another tonight!!) and I'm just doing dry hire of some kit and a bit of photography/videography during the day on NYE so I'll also be home for the evening. If I'm honest, the money is tempting, but I've been banned from working by the missus.

I've got a great plan for kit for next year too. Maintain & replace where broken, but otherwise leave it alone. The only possible exceptions to that are the freedom sticks which are looking a bit tired now (maybe battery powered pixel mapped battens would be better) and this could be the year I finally switch out the white Alto's for a line array style system (possibly RCF Evox J8's?)

Or I might just leave the cash in the bank.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Merry Christmas from me to everyone, and all the best for 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

Filthy animals? Pretty much sums up too many party guests I've seen this year. Sadface.

Anyway a very merry Christmas to you too Wayne & you Julian.

I've sworn off new year's eve bookings too. If I can't dj somewhere guaranteed to be full of people out of their heads & loved up I just don't see the point. If more people just made that little bit of effort not to act like entitled prickly things it'd be a different story.

I finished my last set of the year at 11pm last night. The staff party, for which I didn't charge a penny (I figured it wouldn't hurt the relationship) went really well right until the end when someone who'll remain nameless decided to be verbally abusive. I'm SO not paid enough to have to contend with that! Humph.

In the new year I'll be relaunching my website & definitely giving my console a new look (or 2). The lighting rig is overdue an overhaul - the movers are very likely to be pensioned off. No, I won't be getting moonflowers, scanners or barrels (or a gigbar) either. More wash is where I'm going. Maybe it'll move, maybe it won't. I'm also pondering getting some real bass again. Not that my HD12A are tinny or shrill but I don't arf miss proper bass. My back might disagree

Merry Xmas to everyone

Challenging year this year for me, but couldn’t have gone any better – who knew that working less can bring in more income ? I have enjoyed the work too, BUT a major change is that apart from 1 xmas party I have only done weddings, that Xmas party will likely be my last I think.

Got NYE to go still, but again a wedding, however nothing between Xmas and New Year which is a sign of the times I think.

Next year for me is going to be building even greater relationships and trying to fathom out social media – I have more than enough bookings already, but so long as fit enough and still get away on a break/holiday twice a month, no harm in a few more to help fund these holidays haha.

Kit I have never really been interested in and that interest goes down every year. 10 minute setup and a 10 minute pack down suits me fine as feedback this year has been fantastic – even picking up another wedding award which considering I can’t even remember the first half of the year, I don’t think was bad lol
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk