Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KAM RZ12A V3 Portable

Hmmmm, an amplifier chip that physically can't deliver anywhere its claimed output power without a total rewrite of the laws of physics, and various other problems, misinformation and general confusion.

Let's just pray that Justin doesn't see this and reply!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hmmmm, an amplifier chip that physically can't deliver anywhere its claimed output power without a total rewrite of the laws of physics, and various other problems, misinformation and general confusion.

Let's just pray that Justin doesn't see this and reply!
    I think they call it "being economical with the truth", but that's an enormous exaggeration !!

Name:  2024-01-21_124456.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  24.6 KB

The amplifier IC is wired for "bridged" connections, giving 2 channels. One of which feeds "H-OUT" via a capacitor, so assume that's the cone tweeter, the other bridged channel feeds "L-OUT directly, so that will be the 12" speaker.

Who's Justin ?

Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post

Who's Justin ?
    Sorry, I forget that not everyone may know our real names, if we operate under our " aliases ".

Justin, like you by the looks of things, is a technocrat who nearly went ballistic when he investigated a QTX sub internals. Although it promised to supply hundreds of watts of thud, even if run at or even slightly above maximum capacity, it could never supply even one hundred.

The knowledgeable young chap goes under the name of Nakatomi, which in itself is another story.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Latest development on this saga is the distributors' technician has confirmed that the lack of a 12V DC Output is a "known issue".

They have agreed to have the board returned for a full refund.

So, you've heard it all here folks, KAM (and presumably Evolution, since they are the same) speakers are utter cr@p, they are marketed dishonestly with wildly exaggerated specifications, and have inherent faults. I don't think I'm in danger of being sued for telling the truth