Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Looking for Maui spares

Default Looking for Maui spares

I've been hunting high and low and for the life of me can't find what I'm looking for.

Those in the know will know that my Maui28 G2's were painted white a couple of years back. They look good, they've serviced me well at weddings with a lot of positive comments but....the grilles have always looked a bit of a mess to my eye (you can still see the black foam underneath the white grilles). Plus, the grilles are starting to show signs of wear and tear with a couple of dings in them.

I initially had two ideas. One, to replace them with the Studiomaster 121MX offering which when I saw them on demo a few months away blew the Maui's out of the water on crispness. The second, to just refurbish my perfectly serviceable Maui's and carry on.

In an unusual turn for me, I'm not feeling like spending the £1.5k needed on yet another set of PA, so I'm going down the refurb route. There's nothing wrong with them other than cosmetics. The question though....anyone got any idea where I can get replacement grilles for Maui 28's from? I can't find them anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Plus, the grilles are starting to show signs of wear and tear with a couple of dings in them.

I initially had two ideas. One, to replace them with the Studiomaster 121MX offering which when I saw them on demo a few months away blew the Maui's out of the water on crispness.
    As a Polar 10 user, in some ways that doesn't surprise me. I have seen the Studiomaster in less than ideal surroundings, and wasn't overwhelmed, much the same as when I heard the Ev 50 demoed in the same shop where I first heard the Polars. I'd love to have a pair of Polar 12s, and I'm coming to realise that something I rejected years ago on grounds of cost and portability might have been just what I needed, the ES 1203.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk