Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Ey up from Yorkshire

Smile Ey up from Yorkshire

Hey lovelies,

Newbie here, Jessie from Wakefield. I cart a ridiculous amount of 7" singles around to play on LAD kit which has been lovingly cared for over the years, alongside lightboxes which have been restored as I get time.

Lovely to be here!

j
    x

Hello and Jess.
    We have quite a few members from the West Riding, especially Wakefield, although some of them don't post a lot on here lately.

We did have a pinspot enthusiast as well from Surrey, but I'm not sure how well you'd have got on with him. He did ( allegedly ) like the Ladies, so it could have been a glorious friendship.

Re vinyl, I think that's almost exclusively the Northern Soul lads and lasses nowadays.

And finally, Lightboxes. Say hello to our web footed friend Wayne. He'll be along in a minute.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Say hello to our web footed friend Wayne.
    Web footed? WEB FOOTED?

Hello Jess and to the madhouse.
    One of my rigs is a light box jobby controlled with my much beloved Pulsar Zero4000. It's fairly unique in this neck of the woods so there's a bit of demand for it.

Mine's been converted to LED golfballs with only the Infinity Tunnel using the old style 40w incandescent lamps purely to draw the current and allow the LEDs to flash properly. And the sound is all digital this end - my back won't take the weight of the '45s these days.

Name:  IMG_1914.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  85.1 KB

Default Lightbox Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Web footed? WEB FOOTED?

Hello Jess and to the madhouse.
    One of my rigs is a light box jobby controlled with my much beloved Pulsar Zero4000. It's fairly unique in this neck of the woods so there's a bit of demand for it.
    Excellent! Pleased to meet you!

I'm in the middle of a refurb on one which was apparently made by Infinity International in Leeds, it came to me in quite a bad state but after re-covering it I got round to rewiring it yesterday. Only needs the prismatic acrylic and it can come out too.

Name:  IMG_1962.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  101.9 KB

I'm using an NJD Euro 4e which copes with LED golfballs without ballast (although I carry a couple of incandescent spot boxes).

jessie

We did have a pinspot enthusiast as well from Surrey, but I'm not sure how well you'd have got on with him. He did ( allegedly ) like the Ladies, so it could have been a glorious friendship.
    Uh oh that sounds ominous... 🫣😆

Re vinyl, I think that's almost exclusively the Northern Soul lads and lasses nowadays.
    Folk just seem fascinated by it - they like the novelty that it's not the now-ubiquitous laptop and surface. The young'uns are just confused usually... 😏

jessie
    x

Hi Jessie, and