Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Wedding Fairs

Mossy

Default Wedding Fairs

Earlier this year I saw a wedding fair advertised at a venue close to me so I popped in to have a chat.

I explained I was a DJ and did a deal whereby I didn't have to pay the exhibitors fee but instead I would play music at the event (low volume). I took my big rig and hung a good selection of lights, the only one I actually switched on was the Chameleon 3E (Gobo set to 'Wedding') and generally smiled at everyone who attended, gave out business cards and talked to as many other exhibitors as I could (looking fo referrals).

My scrolling message board was displaying the message 'Your guests will remember the entertainment. make sure it's for the right reasons'

To date I have had 18 bookings from that event, deffo well worth me doing that again (the wedding fair organisers said they had never had a DJ a fair before and would invite me back again on the same no fee but play music basis)

Anyone else tried that????

Mossy

I've never done it. But it sounds like a great idea and a good deal on the day.
    Never apologise........it is a sign of weakness!

no but think its gunna be worth a try lol
    NITRO-SOUNDS LTD

WHAT A NIGHT

nice 1 - great idea, I like your style!!
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

Had something similar at the beginning of October. Another Ents company I know usually provide the PA but they were busy and recommended me. I had to provide a PA with music on low for background during the event, then loud and more specific from their cds for the fashion shows.

Got a full exhibition area with display boards and set up the full rig, loads of pictures on the display boards, leaflets and business cards. They told me the display pitch normally costs £250 but free to me because I was providing their PA.

Edinburgh, Lothian and the Borders.
    Email.
    [email protected]

Yep - done it with several Wedding Fair organisers, but usually providing the commentary for the Fashion Show as well.

It's worth doing a bit of shopping around though.... some fairs are blinding, but some others aren't so good (and I'm not just talking about numbers through the door)

wise words angela last one i did id be exaggerating if i said there was 6 brides through the door not nice when youve lugged all your gear up a flight of stairs and been out fri and sat nights.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

I do the same for one of the local marquee hire companies.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs