Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flash bang and flash again

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    having done some market research this weekend with friends families they have all said music is most important both right music and right level .... the only comments on lighting was if people have been to functions with no stands people seem to remember the lights when they are just perched on tables / chairs / speakers ...... although this may have come to mind because they know what i take out.
    It's a really interesting subject this. As I said at the start of the thread, it is SO hard for us as DJ's to be completely objective about our shows - we love the lighting and the gear, but when you actually listen closely th the clients the story is very different.

We did a 13th birthday on Saturday and while there was a little "wow" from the mother when we wheeled the kit in, the main praise afterwards was how enjoyable it had been, how the kids had been dancing all night and how thrilled the birthday girl was. The mother even commented on how right I was that sometimes you have to pay for things to get something great!

what started to make me really think about this was i had a couple of gigs about 2 years ago now where the room looked alot bigger when it was empty than when it was full at the actual event and i couldnt set up the lighting that i usually like to put up....... managed 2 moonflowers and 2 scanners (abstract ninja stars) i think (bear in mind i cant rememeber yesterday never mind details of that long ago just remember being disapointed because it wouldnt fit)

anyway after, both the client and the venue said wow youve got loads of kit didnt realise it was going to be that size ????? thought woah thats about quarter of it. it really made me start to revamp everything i did .... 2 years and 2 forums later and some sound advice which i was never able to access before and im now happy with everything (although my back knees and ankles keep telling me theyd like me to go digital) i usually take out 6/7 effects plus uvs as i dont class them as effects lol and still sometimes sit out front for 10 mins before start and think i dont know if its too much.

i know one disco that takes out 2 lights and have seen another that was a 4ftx4ft box a mirrorball and 2 spots on a goalpost frame.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote