Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Locations

Mossy

Default Locations

Apologies if this has been posted before or if it already exists (if so I will cliam newbie status and hide behind that).

Is there a quick way to see the locations of all forum members in a list by geographical area, or to find all members in a particular area?

Reason for asking is earlier this year I did an event for a bank who then wanted me to DJ at a number of venues ranging from Leeds to Liverpool and Stirling (that's in Scotland to you Southerners ) to London.

I ended up doing all but the London one because I knew a DJ down there who would do it, it was a one-shot deal as in I had to guarantee that I could sort the DJing out at all the venues to get the contract (which at £450 a night was well worth it).

Had I being a member of this forum at this time I would have posted the venues I needed covering which would have been a dang site easier for me (has anyone ever worked at The Botanical Gardens in Birmingham????? - worst carry of my career)

Mossy

Go to the main directory where you'll find all the listings and just click on the area you are looking for.

pulsemobiledisco

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    Has anyone ever worked at The Botanical Gardens in Birmingham????? - worst carry of my career)

Mossy
    Yes, when I used to live in the midlands I done it a couple of times. I know what you mean. You have to park up miles from the function room and carry your kit all through the gardens.

I was knackered before I even started setting the rig up!

(has anyone ever worked at The Botanical Gardens in Birmingham????? - worst carry of my career)

Mossy
    Yes, about 6 months back for a big corporate show. 6kw of PA and 10 moving heads, too much for the venue, but it's what they wanted. Access is pretty bad, but not the worst i've encountered.

I'm back there early 07, thankfully with a smaller rig

Is there a quick way to see the locations of all forum members in a list by geographical area, or to find all members in a particular area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Go to the main directory where you'll find all the listings and just click on the area you are looking for.
    ....although the Directory won't tell you who is who on the forum.

It is one of my 'pet projects' that I continually nag members to at least fill out their location in their profiles, as it woud make 'networking' a lot easier... but it seems that my requests fall on deaf ears to a lot of forum members (Still, it's them who lose out, since if you want to pass on any enquiries and you don't know where they are, hey won't get any!)
    (I'll get off my now! )

The other thing is that there is a forum for jobs offered, which is split into regions.... you can always post in there.