Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Wedding!

One of my first gigs, back in the days of vinyl. One of my turntables decided to speed up half way through a 7" record. It did this on every record. This meant you could only play about a minute and a half of song before it went silly. I mean it would go from 45rpm to 78rpm.

These are the things that happen when you are just starting out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

Sounds like a nightmare, although I'm not so sure carrying a backup of every single piece of equipment is practical! I certainly don't, but I have spare equipment in the house which I can call upon if need be. I also have many DJ friends and associates to call on

what amp are you using?
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

I just knew somebody would ask for specs!!

It is a Yamaha amp, it is not specifically designed for DJ use, it is designed for a band/vocals. That said it is 400w 8ohm amp, the speakers (Skytec) are only 300w, and I am aware of the obvious problem there, but as I said, I had no say in the equipment purchase, it was obtained before my involvement.
    Karaoke King
    www.thekaraokeking.co.uk

Bournemouth Based - can cover Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and into Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    That'll be me changing my speakers then. Have been using Pro sounds for about a year now!

Time to upgrade and have them as spares me thinks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    That'll be me changing my speakers then. Have been using Pro sounds for about a year now!

Time to upgrade and have them as spares me thinks!
    HF units arent too clever with Skytecs especailly as in mine there was no Crossover when I got them. They are more mid frequency horns.

Jamie is dead right--I solved the problem by changing the drivers for some HF ones from Maplins introduced an HF crossover and actually they sound very usable for smaller gigs.Cost about £100 I guess--the bass end is actually half reasonable.

Trouble is if you had paid another £150 to start with you might have got something a lot better.

The biggest question is---Did you give them a good blasting at Home before the gig as they were new speakers.

If you did then thats really unlucky--

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    The biggest question is---Did you give them a good blasting at Home before the gig as they were new speakers.

If you did then thats really unlucky--

CRAZY K
    The speakers were given a good blasting at our storage unit, no one around for miles, so could really wind them up, and see what they were capable of. At that point, the sound seemed fine, clear and no probs at all.
    Karaoke King
    www.thekaraokeking.co.uk

Bournemouth Based - can cover Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and into Devon.