Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paye

Does it start from when the DJ leaves there house or from when the dj starts the gig??

would have to be the gig, i mean you do not get paid for travelling to your day job do you?
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

must be gig say 7pm - midnight otherwise youd have djs turning up for gigs at 3.30pm lol
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    must be gig say 7pm - midnight otherwise youd have djs turning up for gigs at 3.30pm lol

Thats all good. They wont be cutting it so fine some times.

If I was to say a fair price of £130 for a 5 hour local gig with all my gear. Obviously if the gig was worth £300 I would take £170 and £130 to the DJ. I would then have to pay for the tax and NI contributions for that job.

Would you lot say this is fair??

Steve

i feel that that is maybe too much, chances are the DJ would be employed elsewhere as well so would be taxed at a higher rate, does that not also affect the amount of employers NI you need to pay as well>?
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

Employer contributions on annual earnings >£5,035 is 11% with no ceiling limit

Employee contributions on annual earnings £5,035 to £33,540 is 11% and on earnings over £33,540 at 1%

What DJ's tend to look at is the price of the gig and not what you pay them. For example if I sent a DJ out with a crappy cheap PA and 4 Maplin sound to light lights with all stands, leads and some cheap cd decks I would charge £200 for the gig. Dj takes £130 of this.....All good.
    You then sent the same DJ to a different higher quality venue (same distance) and sent him with a top of the range same sized powered system (easier that the cheaper one to set up), a Pioneer CDJ 1000 CD setup, 4 Mac profile heads with leads, stands etc etc and you charge £450 for the gig. You pay the DJ £130 and what a surprise!! Not enough!!

At the end of the day, I invest £1000's each year in my gear so I should see the benefits that investment brings shouldn't I??

Anyone??

Yes totally i agree. look at companies, no matter what they sell, they have a lower end product and a higher end product usually, and yet they still pay the same, so why not DJ companies?

I work at Sky, and if someone takes the full package at £43.50, do i get paid more than someone who takes the £37 package? No, there is no difference
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

Anyone else??