Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulgin Wiring

Default Bulgin Wiring

Now i feel stupid for posting this but I'm not hugely technically minded when it comes to these things and i don't want to do anything wrong so someone help!

Basically, I've got a 4 channel chaser (terminal outputs) and I want to wire it up to bulgin. I've got a bulgin lead so I'm going to take one end apart and wire it straight into the controller but I don't know how LOL

I've drawn a laughably crude diagram of the terminals and the bulgin plug, could someone edit it or make a new one or something to try and explain how the hell i'm going to do this

Its all a bit of a last minute thing, some cracker wanted light boxes for their 40th bday party so I've dragged them out of the loft .. oh dear

Thanks guys - Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lightspeed; 28-12-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Last edited by Thames Valley Discos; 28-12-2006 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspeed View Post
    Now i feel stupid for posting this but I'm not hugely technically minded when it comes to these things and i don't want to do anything wrong so someone help!

Basically, I've got a 4 channel chaser (terminal outputs) and I want to wire it up to bulgin. I've got a bulgin lead so I'm going to take one end apart and wire it straight into the controller but I don't know how LOL

I've drawn a laughably crude diagram of the terminals and the bulgin plug, could someone edit it or make a new one or something to try and explain how the hell i'm going to do this

Its all a bit of a last minute thing, some cracker wanted light boxes for their 40th bday party so I've dragged them out of the loft .. oh dear

Thanks guys - Chris
    Chris

Please take this comment in the spirit with which it is intended, but if you don't know how, then I doubt you are qualified to safely undertake the job.

The chances are if you have an old Bulgin lead it is a "plug to plug" configuration hence would not pass a PAT test as it would contravene IET (IEE) guidelines.

In the circumstances why not ask the person/company who you were going to get to PAT test it for you, to carry out the work, thus ensuring the controller, cable and connectors are fit for the purpose, and ensuring YOU are safe and fit to enjoy the New Year.

HTH

Tony

Fair point, but just because he does not know the pin outs, does not follow he is not capable of doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos View Post
    Fair point, but just because he does not know the pin outs, does not follow he is not capable of doing the job.
    But it's not just about the pin outs, is it Paul? There's the potential (sorry!) issue of the connector being unsuitable under current regs, also the PAT testing to consider.

Tony

ah, reading again, "but I'm not hugely technically minded "

Leave alone

Having wired hundeds of these dam things i cant work out what the yellow dots are on the chaser termainls?

As for PAT is it a legal requirment yet?

Mike
    THE FUNKYMIKE EXPERIENCE
    Now up and running The funkymike experience, the next level......
    KARAOKE like it should be

Quote Originally Posted by funkymike View Post
    Having wired hundeds of these dam things i cant work out what the yellow dots are on the chaser termainls?

As for PAT is it a legal requirment yet?

Mike
    go to spec savers

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos View Post
    go to spec savers
    ER?

Dont get that
    THE FUNKYMIKE EXPERIENCE
    Now up and running The funkymike experience, the next level......
    KARAOKE like it should be

Ok, scrapped the idea. Thanks for your help anyway.

- Chris