Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Help Support This Site!

I'm perfectly happy here thank you as most of this forum's members are professional and courteous.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Regular sub now cancelled due to rudeness to me of admin via pm

I rest my case

I'm perfectly happy here thank you as most of this forum's members are professional and courteous.

With regards to your subscription, the forum is and always will be free for general access. Any and all support we receive goes in it's entirety to keep this place going for the benefit of yourself and the professional and courteous members you've mentioned. However, you are more than entitled to remove your support due to your disagreement with one of our moderators.

Becoming a supporter is a personal choice and we are thankful for each and every penny received as every penny goes back into keeping the place going. So to all that have shown their support and ongoing support - THANK YOU!!

I posted in the MDD Supporter's Area earlier this month, but will re-post here in case anyone missed it: -

First, thanks for your continued support of the MDD forum. As you probably already know, without these contributions the forum would almost certainly have closed its doors earlier this month.

That said, looking at the numbers in the MDD Supporters group listing, there's quite a difference between who's listed there (and therefore has access to this section) and those who have active PayPal subscriptions. It seems someone (*cough* Shaun? *cough*) took their eye off the ball when it came to disabling access when a subscription was cancelled

In other words - if you think you are an MDD Supporter, please check your PayPal account to make sure you have an active subscription to MDD. If you don't, and want to continue to support the forum, please see the first post here.

We'll be going through both lists and auditing the MDD Supporters group shortly, if there is no active PayPal subscription for a username then access will be revoked.

Thanks again for your continued support - it's much appreciated and without it we couldn't continue.
    Last edited by Marc J; 04-11-2019 at 03:04 PM.

You may have noticed the return of banner ads to the forum.

As an additional "perk", MDD Supporters will be able to browse the forum ad-free

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    You may have noticed the return of banner ads to the forum.
    I may. I now know where to find top class DJs in Fife.

As an additional "perk", MDD Supporters will be able to browse the forum ad-free
    Is there a button for that?

Somehow, I suspect that were I to explore the possibility of extolling the virtues of venerable East Yorkshire DJs in banner headlines, that would result in coin of the realm heading North of the Border.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Is there a button for that?
    Hmmm...It should be automatic. Peter, do you still see the banners? Certain groups (inc. moderators as well as supporters) shouldn't see them, but I must admit to not fully testing it (read: at all)

Not seeing it this end

That may be due to my adblocker though

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Not seeing it this end

Nope, if you had an adblocker you'd get this: -

Name:  adblocker.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  58.6 KB

Hmmm...It should be automatic. Peter, do you still see the banners? Certain groups (inc. moderators as well as supporters) shouldn't see them, but I must admit to not fully testing it (read: at all)
    Unusually for me ( ) there was an element of levity about my post. Hard to believe, but true. Cough. Cough, cough.

Marc, I saw a banner for Shaun, Elite DJ at some point. So be it, I wasn't offended, or affronted. Then I didn't see a banner. I'm not seeing them now. So be it.

Might it be worth people ( supporters or otherwise ) posting whether they can see them, and also whether they're a supporter ( to save us checking through the system )?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Not seeing it this end

Or the fact that you're a supporter?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Might it be worth people ( supporters or otherwise ) posting whether they can see them, and also whether they're a supporter ( to save us checking through the system )?
    I'm fairly confident everything is working as it should. I've also fixed the supporter system (broken for 9 years) so, for now at least, everything should be running smoothly