Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Support This Site!

I'm already in, and believe me - there's a lot more stuff on the other side. Plus, as Peter has already mentioned, it's out of public view so a lot more lenient with what's posted there.

I'll second Peter's plea - please, for the sake of a quid a month......sign up! This is the only place I've ever found on the interweb where you can get a serious, straightforward answer without the waving of gentlemen parts or stupid comments because you're possibly doing something wrong - we all had to learn somewhere!

Just my couple of pennies worth

Can a link be posted to where you can sign up?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Can a link be posted to where you can sign up?
    To become an MDD supporter,

1. Click on the ‘SETTINGS’ tab at the top right hand side of the forum

2. Click on ‘Paid Subscriptions’ at the bottom left of the page

3. Click on the arrow next to the ‘Cost’ box and choose the only option there (1 Month - £1.00)* and click ‘Order’

4. If you cannot immediately view a sub-forum that wasn't there before entitled "MDD Supporters area", please contact site admin, so that we can look in to it and re-set your permissions manually.

*please note that this is a rolling subscription and that once you have set this up, £1.00 will be taken every month from your Paypal account, unless you cancel your subscription.

Once you have done this, follow the on-screen instructions to set up fully.

Thanks in advance to anyone who signs up – we hope that quite a few of you will feel that this site is worth supporting!

NB PayPal is very much our preferred method, as the forum system is set up to sort the permissions automatically, but if there are any members who would like to sign up who REALLY don't want to use PayPal, contact Angela or Darren to get details and you can send us a cheque for an annual subscription of £12 and the admin can then be done manually. Thanks!

Thanks Wayne.

Can I just add a point that if you are already a subscriber make sure your subs are still active....mine wasn't!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Can confirm guys and girls, it is the best value pound you'll spend each month.

Mine was not active either , I may well have changed CC , all up to date now , and monthly sub active

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Mine was not active either , I may well have changed CC , all up to date now , and monthly sub active

Daryll
    Neither is mine current. Will sort that tomorrow. So to all that are (or think) they are still members, please do check.

As we've mentioned previously on another thread, the forum is close to the point where it's not sustainable. With the popularity of Facebook we just don't have the numbers we once had, don't have the directory side of things (as it broke a long time ago, and with the reduction in active members we no longer have as much advertisers - certainly no funds are coming in from that). All of that revenue went towards our (very costly) hosting costs previously. We are ready to move to a new host, but we still need to do a lot behind the scenes with regards to upgrading the software etc. (all which costs money)

To all that offered hosting options and help in the past, we can't thank you enough - we now look to have that side covered and will be looking to move real soon.

Every new subscribers pound a month will go right back into the forum upkeep. This place is too valuable a resource with all the past knowledge shared to see it vanish into the ether...and in a searchable format (something Facebook can't match).

The forum is all of our place. A great font of knowledge, and a place to chat, banter and share advice with people on the same wavelength as ourselves.

Thank you everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Shaun; 08-04-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Default Signed up!

Just subscribed...

I am all paid. No brainer for £1 a month! The best thing I did with the HDA was set a small fee, you soon knew who took it seriously and was in it for the group or not. Also the money soon adds up, so with 30-50 plus paid members, it would be nice to see the money put to good use!

I think it would be good to limit the access to the people who lurk and keep them from the most useful areas (like technical help and business matters). Maybe set a system that requires them to post a certain amount etc. but for £1 a month its not a lot of cash!

Also changing the hosting and upgrading the forum system to something a bit more modern. Just little things like having better spyware ability and being able to post Vimeo videos, and not getting the downtime or hacking etc. which I think happened 3-4 times last year?

Thanks to all the admins for all your hard work.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/