Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Support This Site!

Thumbs up Help Support This Site!

As you all know, this site has grown and grown in recent months and is now one of the busiest, if not THE busiest DJ forum in the UK, with more than 260 registered members visiting the forum in the last month alone (and this doesn’t include the many hundreds of guests visiting and that December is a quiet month for the forum!). We now have more regular contributors than ever before, and this is growing on more or less a daily basis! In fact we have almost doubled in size in the last 6 months!!!!!

As you also know, due to its popularity we have recently had to move to a dedicated server and update the forum, as the old server and forum could not cope with the demand! We also want to make a lot of improvements / additions to the site which will mean almost a complete rebuild of the site, but will hopefully add plenty more features that will be of interest and assistance to all of you….. but this is going to cost a lot of money to set up.

I know that a lot of you have found this site extremely helpful from time to time – not to mention had some fun along the way! So, we have decided to ask if any of you would be prepared to contribute towards the cost of all of this in order to help the site to continue to develop and remain the great resource for DJs that it has become. The way you can do this is by joining the ‘MDD Supporters Club’ at a cost of £1 per month payable automatically through PayPal…. Which hopefully no-one will find too taxing on their budget! This is a VOLUNTARY scheme open to any registered member – if you don’t sign up, you will still be able to enjoy the forum as you do now, but as a ‘Thank-you’ to those of you who do, you will have access to an additional private forum which will only be open and viewable by MDD Supporters, plus your PM allowance will be increased to 200 rather than the current allowance of 50.

Also, MDD Supporters qualify for discounts on upgraded listings in the MDD Directory.

Currently, all the benefits for MDD Supporters are as follows: -

• Access to "MDD Supporters Area" forum
    • Private Messages quota increased from 50 to 200 messages
    • Removal of all banner ads throughout the directory and forum
    • Relaxation of 100 post / 3 months membership requirement for selling items
    • Allowed avatar size increased from 80x80px to 150x150px
    • Allowed signature pic size increased from 500x60px to 500x120px
    • Discounts on "Enhanced" and "Premium" listing upgrades in MDD Directory
    • 1 free additional postcode area for you at www.needadisco.com for as long as you are an MDD Supporter

We would like to stress that this is NOT a way of lining our own pockets, just a way of raising a bit of money which will go towards the costs involved in re-doing the site and maintaining it, as these costs are now rising beyond the level that we can contribute easily out of our own pockets.

To become an MDD supporter:-

1. Go to the subscriptions page of your profile (here)
    2. In the "MDD Supporter" section, click on the arrow next to the ‘Cost’ box and choose the only option there (1 Month - £1.00)* and click ‘Order’
    3. Click on the [Order Using Paypal] button on the next screen, and complete the subscription process at PayPal
    4. If you cannot immediately access the "MDD Supporters area" (listed near the bottom of the forum main page), please contact site admin, so that we can look in to it and re-set your permissions manually.

*please note that this is a rolling subscription and that once you have set this up, £1.00 will be taken every month from your Paypal account, unless you cancel your subscription.

Once you have done this, follow the on-screen instructions to set up fully.

Thanks in advance to anyone who signs up – we hope that quite a few of you will feel that this site is worth supporting!

NB PayPal is very much our preferred method, as the forum system is set up to sort the permissions automatically, but if there are any members who would like to sign up who REALLY don't want to use PayPal, contact a site admin to get details and you can send us a cheque for an annual subscription of £12 and the admin can then be done manually. Thanks!
    Last edited by Marc J; 09-12-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Mossy

Hi Guys

Can't I just send you £12, ie subscriptions to last a year.

I don't have Paypal and would simply prefer a one-off payment

Mossy

UG! We were dreading anyone asking that.... trust you Mossy!

The problem with that is that we will have to have yet another administration list with dates subscriptions paid and the date they expire, etc ........ leave it with me and I'll have words to see if something can be sorted on that one.

Mossy

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post

The problem with that is that we will have to have yet another administration list with dates subscriptions paid and the date they expire, etc ........ leave it with me and I'll have words to see if something can be sorted on that one.
    If it's a hassle then I will set up a PayPal account

I just miss playing Mahjong that's all

Mossy

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Right im off to ask my dad to see if i can sign up

EDIT: YES I CAN!!!!!

EDIT EDIT: PAYED
    Last edited by Jiggles; 10-01-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Mossy

Sorry I just assumed that a one-off payment of £12 would be EASIER to administrate and it would get you the funds faster to do the development.

I will pop down to the city centre tonight and catch a pigeon with a view to training he or she (I never know how to tell with a pigeon), up to fly down to you once a month with a £1 coin strapped to his or her leg

Mossy

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post

I will pop down to the city centre tonight and catch a pigeon with a view to training he or she (I never know how to tell with a pigeon), up to fly down to you once a month with a £1 coin strapped to his or her leg

Mossy
    Just post a pound NOTE to them

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    Sorry I just assumed that a one-off payment of £12 would be EASIER to administrate and it would get you the funds faster to do the development.
    You would have thought that, wouldn't you?

Mossy

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Just post a pound NOTE to them
    Ha ha would love to, but we don't have £1 notes in England, funnily enough though the last time I was given a Scottish £1 note and paid for something down here with it they tried to give me change for a £5 (because that's our lowest note)

The pigeon idea is shaping up well, I have found my balaclava and some false registration plates for my car, now all I need is a blow up pigeon for bait

Mossy

Ill send you one so long as you pay back the £1 via Pay pal