Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pro DJ Show 2007

That'll be about 10 then
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Last year was about 200, so we are looking to build on that. Just think of all those lovely motorbikes as well Steve!!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

But it's in Birmingham, that would mean I have to travel
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

SEDA ran annual exhibitions from 1976 until a few years ago. We had attendances of up to 1,000 people. TVDJA, NWDJA and CADJ also ran successful exhibitions with hundreds of people attending BUT over the last decade they have died out because of falling attendances. SEDA used to promote via the local radio stations, posters etc. So did all the others BUT the most important means of getting the message accross was via the national weekly publication "Record Mirror" and in particular the late sorely missed James Hamilton's page. With a weekly circulation of about 100,000 other mobile dj magazines can only dream about reaching that number of dj's. Any dj worth his salt read it and it was a shame and a mystery when it was merged into "Music Week".
    In the last year SEDA has started bi-monthly shownights in Maidstone which have a good attendance and interesting exhibitors and instructionals. They are not huge shows but seem to be effective and well supported and I am sure that anything NADJ does will be likewise. Associations do have a purpose and exhibitions is one of them.

You're spot on about record Mirror and James Hamilton - halcyon days!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

I hope yesterdays attendance is not the shape of things to come, considering the amount of money we've spent on promoting DJ Show North this year, we'll be exhibiting at the NADJ show and I'm spending my days up and down the motorway promoting the show at various places, just hope its all worth it.

Just hope Phil doesn't take it to heart too much and it doesn't put him off organising other events
    Last edited by pdarnett; 26-03-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Paul Arnett

NADJ Chairman
    NADJ Homepage