Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyz will be Boyz

Default Boyz will be Boyz

The point of this thread is a serious one though. I have done half a dozen or so childrens' discos in the past and I always find it almost impossible to keep the boys entertained. Girls are easy, they know all the music, all the dances (which I eagerly try to copy) and are really willing to join in.

Boys can be a nightmare. Peter Kay hit the nail on the head in his live act, where he describes how the little swines are only interested in running the length of the dancefloor and sliding onto their knees (I would add, smashing into as many dancing girls, and DJs, as possible).

How do you cope with this? How do you keep the little sods from creating mayhem?
    Last edited by Shaun; 21-01-2007 at 10:37 PM.

duct tape
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    duct tape
    Somehow, I don't believe you, Dragonfly

By the simple equation:-

1 DJ + 30 Brats + 1 Roll Duct Tape = 1 Mummified DJ

Keep 'em coming though.

Girls as you say are easy, play the tunes that have dance moves and they wil do the dance.....

Boy's are even easier.....Play things like greenday's american idiot, oasis etc encourage them to get the air guitar out, get all the boys up and get the girls to choose the best performance etc, take inflatable guitars with you if you can, they are usually quite cheap to buy, best to get off ebay perhaps in a joblot buy about 20-30.
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics View Post
    Girls as you say are easy, play the tunes that have dance moves and they wil do the dance.....

Boy's are even easier.....Play things like greenday's american idiot, oasis etc encourage them to get the air guitar out, get all the boys up and get the girls to choose the best performance etc, take inflatable guitars with you if you can, they are usually quite cheap to buy, best to get off ebay perhaps in a joblot buy about 20-30.
    Excellent idea, Lewnics. If this represents the quality of the advice I am to receive from this forum, then I am certainly glad that I joined.

Keep 'em coming.

Glad i can be of assistance - finally lol, i have spent 6 months getting advice from others, now its payback lol

this is a fantastic and very helpful forum, you will learn a lot mate, glad you found us
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

There generally isn't a lot you can do, the title of the thread says it all!!

The only time you can keep them out of trouble is when you get them playing musical chairs or something

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    The only time you can keep them out of trouble is when you get them playing musical chairs or something
    That'll confuse he hell out of anyone who saw the original title & is just clicking new posts.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

lol that caught me out lol
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post

That is what I have found in the past, Beerfunk. You cant keep them interested beyond their involvement in any particular game that is being played. Even musical chairs/bumps is only good for those lads that have not been ejected from the game. The rest go back to what ever mischief-making that they were up to before you started.

That is what I like about Lewnics idea. If the result of the game is delayed until all have participated, they will feel that they are still involved, and maintain an interest.