Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boyz will be Boyz

Just an add-on to Garry's (Lewnics) suggestion. There's times where I've only had one or two inflatables so I make a competition out of it. Cue up some well known guitar solos from some rock tracks and get them performing one (or two) at a time doing a bit of air guitar (this has proved to work well with sons and dads too at family parties). The guitar solos in songs usually only last about 30 - 40 seconds which is ample time for them to 'do their stuff' without getting bored. Loudest applause wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    That'll confuse he hell out of anyone who saw the original title & is just clicking new posts.

I don't know how you could get to here, and not know the title of the thread?

Adding to Elite DJ and Lewnics post. Do the air guitar to the song, specially American Idiot...

I used to do it to Busted and McFly when they were popular, get the kids in pairs/threes, then get the rest of them not performing to be the audience.. Play 20 seconds of the song and get them to "perform" with the guitars, jumping, smashing etc and then swap to the next pair.

You'll then find that the next set do it even more emphatically than the last lot so the last lot want another turn...

This can be kept going for ages... (or do a couple of songs split up so the girls don't get bored.)

Also, to keep the kids interested, do a girls v boys on a lot of the dances/games

Announce that you will give away prizes (sweets or summink) to the people that have the highest score..

Then do songs (Amarillo is one that works really well for this) - Get the girls in one line, boys in another and then get them all walking like Peter K did in the video and go round in a circle singing, then get them all to run into the middle of each circle where you are with a radio mike during the chorus (obviously has to be two of you, one for the boys and one for the girls) and judge who is singing the loudest/best.

Boys and girls hate to think they are losing to the other and will try to outdo themselves....

This keeps their interest when you do the Cha Cha Slide and all other party dances/games and usually always works for me so...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post

I don't know how you could get to here, and not know the title of the thread?
    Just going up or down the list clicking the arrows, without paying much attention to the titles then.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics View Post
    Boy's are even easier.....Play things like greenday's american idiot, oasis etc
    Interesting how this thread ties to the explicit lyrics thread

Just shows what society is like when the more vulgar, racist, violent etc a song is, the better for young boys , and it's the youngest that seem to want it, as they get into their teens they ask for it less and less.
    I know "Boys will be boys", but the stupid music industry simply sees $$$$$ and pampers to them, and as a society we have completely lost the ability to stop children being exposed to such things.

Fuuny how the FIRST song suggestion on this thread contains the lyric "f--- America", and don't fool yourselves that the kids have the edited version they don't!!!
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by sleah View Post
    Fuuny how the FIRST song suggestion on this thread contains the lyric "f--- America", and don't fool yourselves that the kids have the edited version they don't!!!
    & there is a clean version readily available - 2005 Grammy Nominees album & Napster (sadly iTunes dosen't)

But Probably a good reason to support www.radioedit.org
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by sleah View Post
    "Boys will be boys", but the stupid music industry simply sees $$$$$ and pampers to them, and as a society we have completely lost the ability to stop children being exposed to such things.[/I]
    Yeah lets get SIMON COWELL not an explicit lyrics thing but that rodney contributes to the body beautiful stick thin "what you have no talent" "never mind u have a nice pair and will sell magazines" every single week on the agression front merely the mention of the man makes me want to crack open 27000 duracell over my tv. and is as much to blame for the talentless barbie and kens clogging up my radio at the moment.

someone write a letter to moylesy on behalf of the mdd on the explicit lyrics thing if he can get miss piper to number 17 he carries some clout somewhere?
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    someone write a letter to moylesy on behalf of the mdd on the explicit lyrics thing if he can get miss piper to number 17 he carries some clout somewhere?
    Not a bad idea, although it would have to be worded very carefully, so as not to come over all "Mary Whitehouse".

R.E.C. is not about censorship, but rather the freedom of choice to have either version.

Regarding the radio edit campaign.... we've let this just drift on for a while now, but we really need to get some promotion for it! .... so anyone out there with any media experience / any ideas - and possibly a little bit of time they can devote to helping would be appreciated. However, I don't want to hijack this thread with this, so please post replies on the Radio Edit thread here: http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.u...ead.php?t=2900

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yeah lets get SIMON COWELL not an explicit lyrics thing but that rodney contributes to the body beautiful stick thin "what you have no talent" "never mind u have a nice pair and will sell magazines" every single week on the agression front merely the mention of the man makes me want to crack open 27000 duracell over my tv. and is as much to blame for the talentless barbie and kens clogging up my radio at the moment.
    Oh come on Drangonfly! Get off the fence and tell us what you *really* think about him
    Judging by the way you just vomited random words there, I get the feeling you may have an opinion on the whol "Idol" thing?

I didn't use to watch them due to lack of talent etc, but now I just watch for a laugh, we've all met some of thoses wannabe idiots at some time, but we get the added bonus of wannabe DJ's

How about "DJ IDOL" - now that would have 'cringe' factor!!!!!
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it