Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: is Karaoke dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I've not seen his Robot yet
    come on darren your public demands a youtube posting lol
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    come on darren your public demands a youtube posting lol
    And I do unfortunately have it on video (after a beer or two, at my sisters 40th), but don't think I'll get time to sort it out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    And I do unfortunately have it on video (after a beer or two, at my sisters 40th), but don't think I'll get time to sort it out.....
    Awwwww Gowan
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I've had a couple of requests for karaoke at wedding receptions this year.

Careful choice of songs me thinks!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by funkymike View Post
    Hell hope not! Iam getting more and more karaoke work these days, then perhaps because iam good lol.

I think the cowboy karaoke is on its way out though, and franky hoo-rar!

mike
    that may be the case around Oxford, but not up here "Yorkshire". The cowboys are taking over here, and what makes it worse is the attitude of the public, they want "owt" for "nowt". This applies to not just karaoke, but also disco. No matter how good you are its very hard to get the work at the right price. We invested very heavily on gear, the right gear, many thousands on karaoke, no copied discs, with equipment that is less than 6 months old, and it will never pay. So we are now concentrating on disco as the main service, and will only provide karaoke, if the fee is right. Guess its like manufacturing, the high volume product subsidises the low volume expensive product....
    Kaira Solutions - DK Karaoke & Disco

Covering Leeds, Yorkshire wide, Central, North Eash, and North West and Southern England
    No hearing aids required, but sunglasses may come in useful.

I was thinking of buying a karaoke system but when looking at the costs of the system then tracks etc its not worth it and no one really ever seems to contact about karaokes.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Karaoke View Post
    that may be the case around Oxford, but not up here "Yorkshire". The cowboys are taking over here, and what makes it worse is the attitude of the public, they want "owt" for "nowt". This applies to not just karaoke, but also disco. No matter how good you are its very hard to get the work at the right price. We invested very heavily on gear, the right gear, many thousands on karaoke, no copied discs, with equipment that is less than 6 months old, and it will never pay. So we are now concentrating on disco as the main service, and will only provide karaoke, if the fee is right. Guess its like manufacturing, the high volume product subsidises the low volume expensive product....
    Iam sorry I disagree with you, being in oxford or oxfordshire there always the dam cowboys around and they do a terrible job, I think its down to how the karaoke is presented, poeple dont want the useal kind off dj, I put 110% into every karaoke I do, it can be a estate pub to a posh place and I can honstely say I get asked back everytime and they will pay more, just to get me..sorry sounds big headed, just making a point.

mike

ps and i cant sing a note, but I dont have to
    THE FUNKYMIKE EXPERIENCE
    Now up and running The funkymike experience, the next level......
    KARAOKE like it should be

Quote Originally Posted by funkymike View Post
    Iam sorry I disagree with you, being in oxford or oxfordshire there always the dam cowboys around and they do a terrible job, I think its down to how the karaoke is presented, poeple dont want the useal kind off dj, I put 110% into every karaoke I do, it can be a estate pub to a posh place and I can honstely say I get asked back everytime and they will pay more, just to get me..sorry sounds big headed, just making a point.

mike

ps and i cant sing a note, but I dont have to
    Not sure which point you are making, it comes across that you are saying I am a poor kj. This is not the case, and have been doing it for nearly 12 years. I pride myself on giving the best sound system, with the widest choice of tracks, and I present in a very singer/customer friendly way, and not in the bland, "talk at" way some dj's/kj's use. I enjoy karaoke, and I can sing.

I too get asked to go back, and by the venue owner, even when hired by an individual. The point I am making is that in order to recover your investment, you need to be delivering karaoke about 5 times a week, at rates above £150.00 for a 4 hour slot.

As I said to delivery quality karaoke, you need to invest thousands, not hundreds. IN addition to recovering your capital outlay, you also have to make a living.

Covering Leeds, Yorkshire wide, Central, North Eash, and North West and Southern England

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Awwwww Gowan
    Nice one. "Father Ted" was and still is my favourite series. Have all the episodes on dvd.

Do you remember the one, where father ted, damages a car, he starts to repair a tiny dent, by tapping it out, and the next scene you see is after supposedly several hours, you see the car is an absolutte wreck. Just a pile of metal. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DK Karaoke View Post
    Not sure which point you are making, it comes across that you are saying I am a poor kj. This is not the case, and have been doing it for nearly 12 years. I pride myself on giving the best sound system, with the widest choice of tracks, and I present in a very singer/customer friendly way, and not in the bland, "talk at" way some dj's/kj's use. I enjoy karaoke, and I can sing.

I too get asked to go back, and by the venue owner, even when hired by an individual. The point I am making is that in order to recover your investment, you need to be delivering karaoke about 5 times a week, at rates above £150.00 for a 4 hour slot.

As I said to delivery quality karaoke, you need to invest thousands, not hundreds. IN addition to recovering your capital outlay, you also have to make a living.
    Forgive me I didnt mean to offend or suggest in way that you are a poor KJ, I was mearly being general from what I have seen around in the last few months....sorry.

I to have had a bit of trouble from the cowboys, howver I let them get on with it, the venue soon comes back (with a price increase for there cheek) once they relieise thr difference, I found putting up the prices has made a difference and I get more bookings from better clients.

keep at it, if you beleive your better than the norm, stick to your guns it will turn around, as it did for me.

mike
    THE FUNKYMIKE EXPERIENCE
    Now up and running The funkymike experience, the next level......
    KARAOKE like it should be