Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10(ish) Rock 'N' Roll

Oh hang on.... some of them haven't listed..... few mins.....

NOW FIXED
    Rich
    Last edited by dicky; 14-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

And having proof read it - Cliff Richard 'Do You Wanna Dance' and Ritchie Valens 'La Bamba' were supposed to be in the first list

I fine collection, I’m sure we can all add our own favourites and argue which should go into which list though.

I think a lot of DJ's wear out their older rock’n’roll fans by playing 3 or 4 fast tunes in a row, if you want to keep them on the floor for longer don’t forget the slower tunes so they can pace themselves, Elvis’ ‘Good Luck Charm’ (which isn’t in your list) is a good example of a tempo that works for this.

Have you ever heard any of the tracks by Germany's top R&R guitarist Tony Sheridan. He had the Beatles backing him in the early 60's before they became famous. I have 3 cd's of Tony and the fave is The Beatles featuring Tony Sheridan http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/31102...f14=108&ff19=0
    The Beatles were know as The Beat Brothers when they worked with Tony in Germany.

Best track IMO is track 8 Let's Dance (with The Beatles) He was born near Norwich 1940 and was a mates brother but died a few years ago.

@funkymook
    Yep I take the point - a lot of those RockNRollers are not as young as they used to be!

Same as Northern Soulies I guess - the back flips are a thing of the past

I've got Good Luck Charm - and other mid tempo songs like that, just didn't class them as Rock & Roll

Would you put Gene Vincent - Be-bop-a-lula in the same list for example?

Actually a good list of mid tempo tracks would be nice to see if you or AN Other could oblige

Feel free to add to/sort/reorganise/delete from the above lists I posted - that is exactly what I hoped would happen to be honest.

In fact I now think Big Bopper Chantilly Lace should be in the first one - so bring it on mate.

@chrisj
    No I haven't heard any - but I'm just about to correct that, cheers
    Last edited by dicky; 14-12-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: additional info