Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: D'oh D'oh Snow and Snow

hmmmmm not happy - i live on a hill and just got back from loading the van up for tonights gig and cant get it back up the hill!!!! so i've had to leave it down the road fully loaded.... Not happy.

Checked with the clients and both tonights and tomorrows gigs are still going ahead!
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

How long before you need to leave? (ie how long is it going to be left at the bottom of the hill?).... and what are you going to do when you get back from the gig?

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyboy View Post
    You call this snow!!!

When I were a lad, one winter, we had to dig ourselves out of our 4th floor bedroom window, using only my grandad's false teeth. After 3 hours of digging, we then had to slide down the snow drift on skis made from the planking of our bunks, which we then used to dig a path for the bus to take us the 7 miles to school. When we got there, at lunch time, next day, we were quite happy to play football in the playground only wearing a balaclava, between 3 of us. However, we did have the luxury of a string vest, lovingly crafted by our own mother from an old tow rope.

How we laughed. Happy days.

You try telling the kids today, and they wont believe you!!!
    Pah! Luxury!
    When it snowed round here, we had to lick our way out through the chimney. Then sit on a dustbin lid and slide us way to where school should be. Then we had to all breath over the school to make a slope down to the door.... Balaclava! Ha! We had an odd sock between 25 of us and pair of old torn bloomers donated by someones auntie.

Next?
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it