Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best wedding directory websites to advertise on?

Default Best wedding directory websites to advertise on?

It seems that online advertising is more successful than phone book advertising, so which are the best wedding directory sites to advertise on?

I believe that www.confetti.co.uk is the largest site for wedding suppliers, but have given them a miss, as I don't really cater for some of the top end society type functions they cater for, and also because there is no way I'd spend almost £1,000 a year for one online advert. Having said this, it's probably fine for those of you with big rigs charging £400 or more & going for the real top end stuff.

The second biggest site seems to be www.hitched.co.uk which I can highly recommend. My premium advert costs about £115 a year and probably generates at least 70% of my online bookings.

None of the other sites where I advertise produce much more than a few enquiries and possibly the very occasional booking, but I am happy to give details if requested, especially as some of them offer free listings.

Which wedding directory sites do YOU recommend?
    Last edited by rob1963; 15-02-2007 at 12:54 PM.

I just signed up to www.ultimatebridal.co.uk yesterday. Time will tell if the ROI was worthwhile.
    Last edited by Shaun; 15-02-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi Elite DJ.

I'm on that one too, but no bookings (that I'm aware of) so far.

The sites below are worth advertising on, as they offer free listings, and you don't have to put a link to their site on your own site.

I don't know what (if any) responses they will bring, but as the listings are free, you have nothing to lose - apart from a few minutes of your time.

Good luck!

www.guidesforbrides.co.uk
    www.jayweddings.co.uk
    www.net-weddings.co.uk
    www.uk-disco.co.uk
    www.weddingdaybliss.co.uk
    www.weddingsclassified.co.uk

I've just started advertising with http://www.weddingservices4u.co.uk, with a very attractive introductory rate. We'll have to see what happens.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

I was with guides for brides and to be honest I thought they were quite good for the money. I think I got a very good deal from them at the time.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

EDIT (Again!):I tried hitched once, for the free 30day period. And even though i was one of only 3 DJs in my county.. i think i only had about 3 referals from the link! Needless to say, i didn't bother paying for a listing.

I'm just making enquiries into confetti.. as i lurk on the forums there occasionaly (I found them as I was recomended on there by a previous client). I'm not sure why you presume they're only high class do's, and in the email I just got from them, the cheapest advertising option was £125+VAT.. not £1000!!!
    Last edited by Danno13; 15-02-2007 at 05:38 PM.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Wow Danno...I don't know what you get for £125 on Confetti, but I looked on their advertising page http://www.confetti.co.uk/article/view/6440-7715.do which shows the cheapest advertising option as costing £884 + VAT!

I probably wouldn't advertise with them anyway, as I don't have a big enough rig for some of the high class work you would get from their site.
    Last edited by rob1963; 15-02-2007 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Hi Elite DJ.

I'm on that one too, but no bookings (that I'm aware of) so far.

Thanks for ther 'heads up'. I chose the minimum option (£15 for the year), so it's no great loss if nothing is gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    EDIT (Again!):I tried hitched once, for the free 30day period. And even though i was one of only 3 DJs in my county.. i think i only had about 3 referals from the link! Needless to say, i didn't bother paying for a listing.
    I tried the free 30 day listing too. only 1 referral in that period. Needless to say I didn't sign up for a paid listing.
    Last edited by Shaun; 15-02-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: merged posts

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Wow Danno...I don't know what you get for £125 on Confetti, but I looked on their advertising page http://www.confetti.co.uk/article/view/6440-7715.do which shows the cheapest advertising option as costing £884 + VAT!
    I looked for that page for ages before giving up and emailing them. For 125 i think you just get a one line thing under your region.. and there are already 7 pages of DJs under my area.. so not worth it at all.

I emailed back to enquire about the premium package, but theres no way I could afford £1000!!!

I probably wouldn't advertise with them anyway, as I don't have a big enough rig for some of the high class work you would get from their site.
    Hmm.. i'm not sure about that... i'm yet to have an enquiry for a wedding requiring anything more than a small-medium rig, i'm sure that not every bride visiting confetti is after a massive rig (oo.. err ). And who says high class = big rig anyway
    Last edited by Danno13; 15-02-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113