Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best wedding directory websites to advertise on?

Ok Danno, I take your point.

I am just going on what I've been told by a couple of jocks...which might well be wrong.

You're right about a big rig not being important...it's what you do with it that counts!
    Last edited by rob1963; 17-02-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Hmmmm...I have to admit that when I started this thread, I was expecting more jocks to post replies detailing which wedding sites work well for them.

If I was a cynic, I'd think that you all know which websites work well for you, but you want to keep them all to yourself...coz if more discos start advertising on them, that will mean more competition & less bookings for yourselves!

UK-disco works the best for me I average 40 enquiries a month.. some even turn into bookings!! (not doing bad out of it actually, got 22 weddings booked for this year already!)
    Paul Arnett

NADJ Chairman
    NADJ Homepage

Out of curiosity, Rob, why are you so concerned with taking wedding bookings?

Hi Pdarnett,

Thanks for the info...that looks like a very good response...I might look at giving them a go.

Hi Beerfunk,

I wouldn't say I'm CONCERNED with taking wedding bookings, I just prefer them. I cover most occasions, but weddings account for about 75% of my work.

I love doing weddings. Due to the wide age range, you can play a really good variety of music. Also, they are usually good quality bookings in nice hotels & similar venues. Another advantage is that when people are spending £15,000 on a wedding, they won't moan about spending a few hundred on the entertainment - so you don't get the "How cheap can you go" brigade. It's more important for everything to be perfect on their special day than it is to try & save a few quid, so most of them book my larger disco. Also, weddings usually over-run, so they are nice easy gigs - as you often only have to play for about 2 or 3 hours, even if you were booked for 4 or 5!

These are the main reasons why I prefer weddings to other occasions, so thats why I do all my advertising on wedding directory websites.

The bottom line is that weddings generally produce the best quality, best paying and shortest gigs...and I'm up for all of that ANYDAY!
    Last edited by rob1963; 17-02-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I love doing weddings too..mainly for the wide age group so there ar more quality tunes you can play (as oppose to dance and rnb all night at an 18th) I also find people are so much more keen to celebrate than any other event, and yes, you're unlikely to get any trouble or horrible people like you get at pub gigs (like i did last night...)

Rob, i guess the reason there hasn't been much more input, is maybe because there aren't all that many good wedding directories out there??

I spoke to confetti again on the phone the other day, and the £125+VAT ad will put you above all the other ones in your area, as they are old free listings which they don't offer anymore. So looks worthwhile to me.. seeing as I'd be second under West Midlands and the one above me is an enteratinment agency rather than a DJ.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

I've tried several wedding directories, including hitched, but they've all been a waste of time. I find the direct approach to the venue much more lucrative.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs