Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advertising help

Question advertising help

I need help on how to get business i ha-vent had a lot since May last years (5 Discos ) and i want wondering how can i advertise better i have tried Posters in shop windows but the seem to disappear! Business cards in kids party bags but i need some more ways of advertising that is cheap and effective

what sort of budget callum..... what i did at first was spend 2 whole days trawling the internet for sites i could list with free .... theres loads if you have the time to search.

linage ads in the local paper. link exchanges with other professionals.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

never though about my local Newspaper!

i think your website is your most valuable tool.

use it wisely.

I'd also say that it depends WHAT & HOW you advertise, as well as where.... you could advertise in all the right places, but if your advert isn't right, appealing, eye-catching, informative, striking the right note with customers, etc you won't get any response from the ad. - eg Someone has already mentioned how your website can be the most cost-effective marketing: well, why don't you ask someone for some help in writing the script for it Callum? I know it's something that you have been working hard on, and I know that grammar and spelling aren't your strong points and so I would imagine that the prospect of writing an advert for yourself is a bit daunting. Please take this the way it is meant - helpful advice - but your website doesn't give very much information or really 'sell' you at the moment. As I've said, if you are having trouble writing it, get someone to help you. Have a look at other sites and see what they have on there (not suggesting you copy or anything like that, but it might give you some idea of what I mean). Once you've got the hang of it, you can take the same principles through to any other advertising you do (ie the posters and leaflets to put in party bags, etc)

What about getting in touch with local schools Callum - they must like the idea of a cheap kids disco?

Local papers work for me and also the local radio station and my internet radio station work well too.

Callum

Firstly I would say read my marketing ebook for some great ideas, most of which are free to implement. When you have flyers, business cards and stuff printed make sure you use a company who know what they are doing.

We are here to help you and also other DJs who need to get more work.

Matt [email protected]
    Business card printing letterhead printing leaflets flyer printing and poster printing look at http://www.mkprinting.co.uk or call 0870 080 1799.

Matt

Why don't you just post the ebook as an attachment to your post, rather than have people contact you? Then anyone who wants it can just open it up and have a look at it.

You know that the rules on the forum about advertising have changed, but your posts are all giving a plug to your own business, rather than offering general advice to members. If you want to advertise your services, please do so on DJ Bids.

I have tried to do this before but the ebook is several hundred K in size and you can only upload 19.5k.

If this is changed then I will stick it online for people to download here.

Matt
    Business card printing letterhead printing leaflets flyer printing and poster printing look at http://www.mkprinting.co.uk or call 0870 080 1799.