Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fares

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 'B' View Post
    Do you get alot of work from the shows Jamie??
    Usually get a few enquiries, maybe 4 - 5 per show that are prepared to pay an acceptable fee.

we also average about 4-5 bookings per show, but wedding fayres are great for networking with bridal shops, venues, florists etc. As a result of the wedding fayres we do we have links with all manner of suppliers who will let us display posters/put cards out in their shops etc in return for weblinks and recommendations. We usually display a part rig with a laptop showing video footage as the fayres we do only give a 5ft stand, so we cant put the full rig out. NADJ also supply some good card flyers for weddings which are handy for these types of events, we often put them on the seats before the catwalk shows.

In answer to the original question, I think it depends on which area of the country you are in and also on how many OTHER mobile discos are at the same wedding fare.

I used to help a friend do wedding fares. He used to take a full basic set up - sound and light, and had music playing VERY quietly while we both tried to get chatting to brides & grooms as they wandered past & gave out brochures.

About 15 years ago, each fare generated about 10 bookings for him, making them cost effective, but by a couple of years ago this had dropped to about 3 or 4 bookings, meaning they were no longer cost effective, so neither of us have done any since then.

The cost of a decent stand is several hundred pounds. In my opinion this would be better spent advertising your services on some of the online wedding directories.

Quote Originally Posted by ross@rds View Post
    I have my first one coming up in april. Free stand as i am providing the sound and lighting for the fashion show and i am the only disco there this time o yes lol so i am more than likely to get bookings from it. Thanks for the info guys i will use it will update you after it to let you know how it goes.
    it is not always the case being the only disco there will generate u more work.....best show i had bookings wise was when there was a total idiot at same show with a mickey mouse disco.......did wonders on my booking success that day.....shame never saw him again at any of the following shows...
    www.djsunited3.co.uk

Its time to "ROCK" Steady.......!!!!
    Lifelong member of the L.A.S. ( Lightscreen Apreiciation Society....!!!!! )

pulsemobiledisco

Well Mayhem, I'm doing my first wedding fayre this weekend at Preston Guild Hall. I have taken a bit of a gamble, my stand was just under £300. I hope it is worth it.

There is an estimated footfall of around 4000 people over the weekend. Included in the price I get an A5 sized advert in a supplement that is being distributed to over 200,000 homes with free newspapers across the north west, the same A5 ad in the show guide that is given to every B&G on entry to the fayre, and the same advert appearing on several big screen TV's through the two floors of the fayre.

There is another Entertainment agency there, but I'm a one man band and I will point out to potential clients that they will always be dealing with me no matter what.

I am taking my full rig as I have a stand big enough to fit it on and will be playing background music and have a couple of lights pointing on to the floor to attract people. I will also have a slideshow of previous gigs running on a projector.

I will let you know how I get on, I'm hoping it's going to pay off.

Sam
    Last edited by pulsemobiledisco; 26-02-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Fare = Money paid for something
    Fayre = what we're talking about!!!

Am i the only pedantic git that this is annoying??
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Done two fayre this year and both been worth it. Found out bride love silk flame lights and bubble machines

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post

Sorry Danno...guilty as charged.

My spelling is usually good, but on this occasion I blew it

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post

No, you're not!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

But we all know you're a pedantic git Pete
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries