Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Wedding Fayres

Default Wedding Fayres

How do you feel about wedding fayres are they worth paying the asked fee with all your time from set up to manning the stall all day to packing your gear away.
    Is it a good form of advertising do you get many bookings from wedding fayres

I did one last year for my old boss, we got about 12 confirmed bookings on the day, now he usually charged £175 for a wedding, he was given the stall free, so saved £200, he paid me £75, say spent £50 on stationary so i would say it is worthwhile, based on my charges i would need 1 confirmed booking to basically pay for my pitch and expenses, at the end of the day it comes down to your own sales technique.
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

very worth while yes if you get a good one thats well advertised..... ive done some that gave me 8 or 9 gigs and one that only 6 brides came all day so pick carefully. and its always worth approaching the organiser and asking for a reduction/waving of the fee if you provide lighting,music,commentry for the day or fashion shows that the good fayres seem to hold.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Hi Soundmaster.

I think a lot of it depends on your location, how many other discos are at the wedding fayre and the number of brides & grooms that turn up on the day.

The main advantage for clients is that they can actually meet you in person & discuss their needs, which is always preferable to sending an email or speaking to an anonymous voice on the end of the phone.

Having said this, in my own experience wedding fayres are not really worth doing these days from a business point of view.

I used to help a friend do them, and he averaged about 8-10 bookings from each one...but that was 10 years ago. A few years ago that had dropped to only 2-3, meaning they were no longer cost effective, so we haven't done any since.

For me personally, the cost of a decent stand at ONE wedding fayre would pay for a whole YEAR'S worth of online advertising on various wedding directories, and the online advertising produces far better results.

However, when this thread has come up before, many have said wedding fayres ARE successful, so I would suggest you try one, guage the results and then decide if it's worth continuing with them. Good luck!
    Last edited by rob1963; 17-03-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Theres an article in this month's pro mobile, might be worth a looky:

http://www.promobile.org.uk/viewarticle.php?id=212
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.