Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Reasonable rates?

benlewis13

i was considering performing at the formal functions, but have decided, that in my position i will make much much more from magic, so have kept to doing childrens discos with some magic, as the majority of my magic is corporate, therefore i do not have a kids show, but will be putting one together.

all this bitchin is no good please stop it as for the whole equipment thing its true the punters dont care what equipment you have as long as it sounds good and the dj is good the equipment i bought reasently 4 irock 5s hid and to irock5b hid and a 1500w strobe 100mw dule green laser and a 1000w smoke and a 600w powered sub to go with my jbl eon 15g2 actually was bought because i wanted it as i love lights and dont care if the punters dont notice them (well i have had a few comments so far all good) i feel that having the show makes me feel all gooie inside and it kind of makes me perform that bit better if you can understand that lets just say if i had the money and i was jeff capes i would have some goldenscans

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    all this bitchin is no good please stop
    Firstly, no-one is bitching, it is a discussion that got a little heated. I'm sure everyone concerned is fine about it.

Secondly, comments like that don't help and we have plenty of moderators who are very capable of handling the situation.

Steve has apologised and said he came across the wrong way, so there it was left.

Different DJ's and Discos will have different pricing structures we all should know that, and what a DJ charges is up to him.

Some people may be able to charge £200+ (some maybe double this or more), it depends on where they are based, if they have a very good reputatation amongst other things, if they are reliable etc. Lighting show and sound system also need to be taken into consideration along with a good choice of music available.

When I did Mobile Discos years ago, I had a good reputation, was always reliable and could keep the dancefloor up all night (big up me!). I never had to advertise and when most other 'cowboys' as some people put it were charging £40 and £50, could still get £80 or £90 bookings nearly every weekend (with no big lightshow or large soundsystem) but that was the late 80's and early 90's. So nothing has changed apart from being a bit more expensive for a decent disco (in most areas).

My current rates are slightly cheaper than what some of the local DJ's charge, but then as far as I'm concerned I'm just starting up again and can't expect to charge the same as somebody who is already established. Yet some DJ's who have seem to have been going for years charge even less than me.

There will always be a 'supply and demand' attitude for anything in this world and there's nothing we or anybody else can do about it.

So as long as your happy with what you do, and more importanly the people you are there to entertain are happy, you receive the fee you ask for - whats all the fuss about?

Tony's twopence worth
    Tony

Disco Nation
    www.disconation.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Nation View Post
    Different DJ's and Discos will have different pricing structures we all should know that, and what a DJ charges is up to him.

Some people may be able to charge £200+ (some maybe double this or more), it depends on where they are based, if they have a very good reputatation amongst other things, if they are reliable etc. Lighting show and sound system also need to be taken into consideration along with a good choice of music available.

When I did Mobile Discos years ago, I had a good reputation, was always reliable and could keep the dancefloor up all night (big up me!). I never had to advertise and when most other 'cowboys' as some people put it were charging £40 and £50, could still get £80 or £90 bookings nearly every weekend (with no big lightshow or large soundsystem) but that was the late 80's and early 90's. So nothing has changed apart from being a bit more expensive for a decent disco (in most areas).

My current rates are slightly cheaper than what some of the local DJ's charge, but then as far as I'm concerned I'm just starting up again and can't expect to charge the same as somebody who is already established. Yet some DJ's who have seem to have been going for years charge even less than me.

There will always be a 'supply and demand' attitude for anything in this world and there's nothing we or anybody else can do about it.

So as long as your happy with what you do, and more importanly the people you are there to entertain are happy, you receive the fee you ask for - whats all the fuss about?

Tony's twopence worth
    Good post Tony and very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Good post Tony and very true.
    Seconded

For a moment then I thought Colin was online

I agree too.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Good post Tony!.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Nation View Post

Tony's twopence worth
    Superbly put.

The question in post #1 was 'What would you take out to an average wedding and how much would it cost to hire it?'

I put down a straight answer as to what I would take out and how much I would charge.

Lots of people seem to take that as a Mine Is Bigger Than Yours posting. But nobody else has given a straight answer to the question. All they have said is It's Not How Big It Is It's What You Do With It.

Quote Originally Posted by pagan_flame View Post
    All they have said is It's Not How Big It Is It's What You Do With It.
    Boys will be boys
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!