Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Another T&R Question??

Default Another T&R Question??

Right, here goes.

I have a whole selection of Now albumbs that are filed in the same way and I know how to do one file at a time.

Question is: Can I apply the same proceedure to a lot of files at the same time as I find I am repating myself every time?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

WWW.PARTYTIMEONLINE.CO.UK

You can use the middle option for renaming multiple files/albums.

Simply select the multiple tag editor (Ctrl + F4) tab and this will allow you to add years, genres, album titles etc to multiple files.

You need to select whatever files/folders you need to apply this to first.

I would suggest you have a play with the software, learn a bit more about what it can do. You will find it can probably do whatever task you need it's just a case of knowing how.
    Kind Regards

Nathan Fleming

I know what you are saying Nather only I dont want to start playing with that many files. If it goes wrong!! I know you have undo in most cases but I find sometimes it dont work? If anyone knows how to remame more than one file with the same comand please let me know??

Stevie

The above option is how to rename tags within multiple files, try this on one album before steaming into a large amount of files.

It will apply whatever change you specify to however many files you have selected whether that be 20 files or 20,000 files.

If it goes wrong you do have the undo option.
    Kind Regards

Nathan Fleming

I have done the below and it works fine for one file. I have worked it out to a tee.

Danno / Stevie 'B'

I have tried this and this does not work as specified as something is removing the delimeter in the track (I have edited all my file rename strings so that I know it is not caused by that).

I have however worked out a method which is a slight alteration from your above process that will work.

Add a file rename string to that will convert the \ into a - and then follow Dannos instructions. This will then correctly format the file name so it becomes The Thrills - Big Sur.mp3

1) Add file rename string. To do this select Options then Options then File Rename Strings, Set the before to / and the after to -

2) Specify %2 in the in the Rename Files (F4) File name mask. Run this task. You will now have a correctly formatted name.

3) Specify %1 - %2 in the Get tags from file names (Shift + F4) File name mask. Run this task. You will now have correctly formatted name and file tags.

Nathan Fleming

Now I need to select all tracks within a file. I have all the Now albums from 15 up to date and they are all in a folder called 'NOW ALBUMS'. They are then listed as 'Now 15 (CD1)', Now 15 (CD2), Now 16 (CD1), etc etc up to the latest Now 66 (I think).

What I want to do is select all files within the Now folders and apply the above all at once rather than doing them 1 by 1.

Hope this helps??

The same steps can be performed on entire albums, I did a process similar to the above steps on about 15,000 files.
    Kind Regards

Nathan Fleming

How??

Simply select multiple files in the file name section it's either a case of putting a tick in a box or selecting the files as you would in windows.

Depends on the layout style you chose on setup.

If you want to select an entire folder select the folder and press the select all button (which is a box with a blue tick) above the file tree on the left hand side.
    Kind Regards

Nathan Fleming