Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Censoring Filter

simple thing to resolve the issue - don't swear, sont put atricks etc into a swear word to beat the censor and get on with it....

think about it this way - we all hate sound limiters - but if DJ's didn't make too much noise in a particular venue ( i mean the cowboy's not responsiable dj's that read this forum) then we wouldn't all get tarred with the same brush and we wouldn't have to deal with the limiters. its the same with swearing.....

or am i talking to myself again.....

memo to self - just shut up lol
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics View Post
    simple thing to resolve the issue - don't swear, sont put atricks etc into a swear word to beat the censor and get on with it....

think about it this way - we all hate sound limiters - but if DJ's didn't make too much noise in a particular venue ( i mean the cowboy's not responsiable dj's that read this forum) then we wouldn't all get tarred with the same brush and we wouldn't have to deal with the limiters. its the same with swearing.....

or am i talking to myself again.....

memo to self - just shut up lol
    Umm... yeah, I see what you're saying there but, it is hard at times to think what is acceptable and what's not! Obviously the usual words are completely out of bounds, but some may be acceptable to some and not others.

Your sound limiter analogy is good, but it's not the one! (sorry, poor Roy Walker impression )

I don't think that it is always the DJ's fault that a limiter is required - sometimes a venue in a built up area have to keep the level so quiet that they really should consider whether they should be hosting discos there at all! Also, a cowboy is unlikely to have as powerful a sound system as a good mobile disco company, so I'm not sure if that's quite true...

Anyway, to recap - no swearing!

It's all very well saying "don't swear" guys, however hard facts state that members here do swear, and there will ALWAYS be the odd member that pops in a word here and there. This is why I felt the need to start the thread.

This post has been all about saving the Admin team's time and effort, invest some time in getting the filter right, spend less time later editing/deleting posts, and thus making members unhappy because they've been moderated by a person rather than a computer.
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

But it's not something that is easily ammemded by the admin, you have to go into the V Buliten programme
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    But it's not something that is easily ammemded by the admin, you have to go into the V Buliten programme
    I know in other forum software it couldn't be easier, now I've never used vBulliten, but it can't be that much harder.

I'm not being funny, but surely the administrators (maybe moderators too) should know how to use the forum behind the scenes!
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Quote Originally Posted by DMX Will View Post
    I'm not being funny, but surely the administrators (maybe moderators too) should know how to use the forum behind the scenes!
    Assumptions?.

I can ussure you we do know how to. However, certain vbulletin functions can only be performed by those with the highest CP access privilages (i.e The webmaster and forum owners).

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Assumptions?.

I can ussure you we do know how to. However, certain vbulletin functions can only be performed by those with the highest CP access privilages (i.e The webmaster and forum owners).
    True
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries