Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Censoring Filter

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DMX Will View Post
    Where does the F come in!? lol in "perFectly"?
    No, it's an extra word...but I'm not allowed to say

I agree that there is absolutely no need for swearing.

I've managed to do well over 700 posts, including some VERY heated debates without feeling the need to use bad language.

Having said this, it's obvious that you will not stop people from swearing, as it's not exactly rare for the moderators to have to delete bad language from posts...despite all the warnings & requests.

I totally agree that the censor needs sorting out, and hope that the person who originally designed it didn't get paid. I never cease to be amazed at some of the words it lets through, and yet it deletes the word d@mn!

If I have something which isn't working properly, I either get it fixed or get a new one.

The censor on this forum isn't working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Hi Ricey,

I'll explain here.

Several times you posted swear words that had ***'s in place of some of the letters in the word. This contravenes the site rules.

We all make mistakes at times. I urge all of our members to have a quick re-read of the forum rules to see what's acceptable on the forum. Cheers.
    I sort of gathered that, but now my post makes very little sense and I have no way of re-typing it to make sense. Surely there is a better way to do this than just put HUGE RED WORDS in place. I'd love to put it right, but have no way of remembering what it meant now!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I agree that there is absolutely no need for swearing.

I've managed to do well over 700 posts, including some VERY heated debates without feeling the need to use bad language.

To be fair, no-one has swore outright. It's mainly masked swearing where certain letter's have been replaced by other characters such as **'s. Many may think that this is allowed, but unfortunately it's not. I don't think people are intentionally meaning to break the rules, I'd be intervening more if I thought they were. Up till now the moderating has consisted of removing the content and replacing it with a link that directs to a clarification of the rule infraction. All I'm trying to do is raise awareness to what is and isn't allowed, and hopefully reducing the amount of times I have to bring this subject up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps View Post
    I sort of gathered that, but now my post makes very little sense and I have no way of re-typing it to make sense. Surely there is a better way to do this than just put HUGE RED WORDS in place. I'd love to put it right, but have no way of remembering what it meant now!
    I'd previously tried to raise awareness by adding a new topic in the forum rules, and I've been continiously repeating the same thing over and over lately to various members. The large red letters were to emphasise the point and help put a stop to the continued use of expletives by members, which it has done. I never intentionally set-out to aggrivate anyone, working on the forum is a thankless job at times. I'm sorry if you feel the action was over the top.

Again, I urge all members to click on 'preview' before they post to make sure that the content is suitable for the forum. This will reduce the likelyhood of your post being moderated. Thanks.

Can i just add one thing:

No matter what you do there will aways be people braking rules! Its a fact!

That is my opinion!!! So don't rip my head off!

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Can i just add one thing:

No matter what you do there will aways be people braking rules! Its a fact!

That is my opinion!!! So don't rip my head off!
    Which is why all forums have moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Which is why all forums have moderators.
    Even then they still get broken. Its strange people only follow the ones that the seem fit, agree with them and find that itr seems sutable then forget the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Mountains and molehills come to mind tbpfh Will
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    To be perfectly honest
    If masking letters (but still making the word easily decrypted) is not allowed, then surely this isn't allowed either? Abbreviations which contain an extra 'f' which obviously denotes you-know-what?

Anyway, I agree that swearing is unnecessary and should be censored heavily. I must have made my first mistake recently, as I had the big red letters!!

I must say that, going on memory alone, I thought I had used the word 'mince' (Although that might have been in another post)