Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contractual Obligations

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    Ricesnaps, dont worry your original post was quite clear and fair I think Dragonfly is the one over reacting. Of course we all feel sorry for anyone who is prevented from working by serious illness or accident. If the poor chap doesnt or cant turn up and he has been pre-paid then the bride is entitled to a full refund. He did the right thing by calling her but it would probably have been better if he had made a firm decision that he could not do the job or arranged for someone else to cover it. Whilst we may feel sorry for his ill health and predicament his actions have only caused uncertainty to the customer who now doesnt feel sure that the service will be provided. All businesses should think through the "what if scenario". That is why we carry spares, join the RAC, have our equipment tested and maintained and belong to associations, agencies or sites like this where we can get help if things go pear shaped. Not thinking through these things and providing for emergencies is part of what separates the cowboy from the responsible operator.
    The wording used by Soundtracker seems quite good. In the SEDA contract T & C 6 says "In the unlikely event of the discotheque being unable to appear for any reason, the discotheque reserves the right to fulfil its obligations by arranging a suitable alternative discotheque to appear in its place so that the function may proceed." As I have said before the SEDA contract has been in use for 30 years and was approved by the Office Of Fair Trading and has been tested at law .
    Thanks for that, glad you apreciated that I didn't mean to sound harsh or uncaring!

It's been a bad day to be honest - also now roadieless for Saturday which might be a huge pain!

I was merely objucting to the words "badly let down"

and

"while you may be appauled that a company would act like this"

which i felt were over stated , and sounded to my mind a little self rightous when only minimal facts are known.

apologies for my total over reaction i shall keep my caring thoughts about the well being of others tightly under wraps.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

How about trying to contact the other company yourself and offering to help out. Could be the start of a good business relationship - passing work to each other when booked or problems arise just like DJ's do. Is there a chocolate fountain forum somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    How about trying to contact the other company yourself and offering to help out. Could be the start of a good business relationship - passing work to each other when booked or problems arise just like DJ's do. Is there a chocolate fountain forum somewhere?
    Yes Willy Wonkas just posted on it!

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post

now there is a blinkin good idea Tony...
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    now there is a blinkin good idea Tony...
    And something I am completely in favour off. However, it does seem that the whole world of Chocolate Fountains is somewhat different to ours. There is one company in particular (who I willo obviously not mention), who use negative marketing as a feature of there pitch. Not absolutely certain if we have been included yet, but it is widely known that some venues have been warned off some companies by these guys!

Otherwise, the local bods do generally tend to keep there cards very close to their chests. We just have one other company locally who we do support, but noone else even remotely interested. Such a shame.

now theres something i really hate negative marketing ...... i cringe when i see it on the tv my whole family is from a marketing background and i just think personally it just shows a total lack of creativity and imagination......

cant think of anything wonderful about what i do ..... so ill just say everyone else is toilet...... total cop out when you have people (like Rice for the record) who are taking alot of time and effort to show what they do in the best way and most positive possible. without the need to damage someone else.

always remember a car ad doing it and used to turn over when the ad came on.

the so and so ....outbrakes the ford ......
    it out excellerates the peugeot .....
    it has more features than the vw .......

hated it.

Now theres something i really hate negative marketing.....total cop out when you have people (like Rice for the record) who are taking alot of time and effort to show what they do in the best way and most positive possible. without the need to damage someone else.....
    .....Apart from ME, of course!

I completely agree about negative marketing scraping the bottom of the barrell.

I used to help a friend do wedding fayres...and we discovered that a rival company there was actually telling potential clients not to book US...as we were only a small part time business & were not reliable etc etc.

I find that completely unacceptable.

Responsible advertising should focus on us & what we CAN do, not knocking the competition by naming them & saying what they CAN'T do.

now theres something i really hate negative marketing ...... i cringe when i see it on the tv my whole family is from a marketing background and i just think personally it just shows a total lack of creativity and imagination......

cant think of anything wonderful about what i do ..... so ill just say everyone else is toilet...... total cop out when you have people (like Rice for the record) who are taking alot of time and effort to show what they do in the best way and most positive possible. without the need to damage someone else.

always remember a car ad doing it and used to turn over when the ad came on.

the so and so ....outbrakes the ford ......
    it out excellerates the peugeot .....
    it has more features than the vw .......

hated it.
    Apreciate the comments Mr Dragon. Sorry if I hit a nerve earlier, wasn't intended. i think we're both looking for the same thing.

Completely off topic, but sort of in line with this, I have my first "new aproach" wedding fair on Sunday. Struggling with how to open the discussion. Historically it would have been "hi there, have you booked a disco? Can I take a little time to tell you what we can do for you?". This time it needs to be "How can we help you?" or "What are you looking for from your DJ", but somehow it doesn't quite sound right. Any tips?

try what do you want from your disco/dj