Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-furbished website

Talking Re-furbished website

Hi there, wondering if anybody would take a look at my re-furbished website and tell me honestly what they think? (I have thick skin )

http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk

Cheers
    <a href=http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk target=_blank>XLR Entertainments</a>

XLR Entertainments Quality Mobile Discos and Karaoke for the North East

Good looking site - easy to navigate - gets your message across.

Few quick comments.

On the 'Contact' page

1. There's a duff graphic after your logo
    2. Put your email address in readable text for those who use webmail and don't have a locally-installed mail client

Neither PLI nor PAT are "legal requirements". How about "For Your Protection" or similar?

Can't see anything else wrong. I might have tweaked some of the grammar in some areas but there are no howlers that jump off the page.

Not bad at all.

Only comment - loose the equipment page, really ony of interest to us DJ's I'm afraid!

Default Thanks for comments so far

Thanks for the comments so far, really appreciated!!

The equipment page has been a bone of contention for a while, but now i have had quite a few people say that it should be taken off, i think i will do that this weekend.

Vectisvibe, good point about the e-mail part, i will get that changed and show the actual address as a link so people can either click or copy.

'Legal obligations' to 'for your protection' sounds good because as i have it, legal obligations also sounds like it's a chore so i will find a new title for that, cheers.

What do you think of the 'xlr' graphic in the top left corner, i used to have a dancing guy but people said it was distracting, i preferred him because i am not sure about that graphic but it was the best i could find. Because of the templates provided by my hosting company, i have to have a graphic there unfortunatly.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far, most appreciated!!
    <a href=http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk target=_blank>XLR Entertainments</a>

XLR Entertainments Quality Mobile Discos and Karaoke for the North East

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyEyes View Post
    Hi there, wondering if anybody would take a look at my re-furbished website and tell me honestly what they think? (I have thick skin )

http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk

Cheers
    Hiya SnakeyEyes,

I think it's a good site.

There are only 3 comments I'd make:

1) Lose the equipment page completely. Names & photos of lights etc are meaningless to clients. They really don't care what speakers, cd players or lights you use.

2) Pricing page. Clarify what the prices include. The main questions which occur to me are: Do they include a daytime set up, or evening set up? How many hours do they cover? What area do they cover?

3) Contact page. Add a contact form.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rob1963; 14-06-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyEyes View Post
    No link to here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps View Post
    Lose the equipment page, really only of interest to us DJ's I'm afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Lose the equipment page completely. Names & photos of lights etc are meaningless to clients. They really don't care what speakers, cd players or lights you use.
    Am I imagining things?

Or did I just completely agree with Ricesnaps about something?

I need help.

Ambulance!

Nice looking site, easy to navigate and says clearly what you have to offer.

I disagree on the equipment page issue, I would keep it in as it gives punters a feel for what you have. This can reassure them that you are going to turn up and put on a good show.

Before I got my site up and running I used to get lot's of questions about what kind of lighting I had and how much I was going to bring, now they can see a nice big list of kit and have lots of pictures of it in action!

I get many comments from clients at the time of booking who have seen my site complimenting me on how my equipment looks, they can see what they are getting for their money.

Obviously most will not have a clue about various types of lights or speakers listed but I feel it helps to give the impression you are serious, have enough kit to do the job and know what your doing...........I would leave it in!

Just my opinion
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
    I disagree on the equipment page issue, I would keep it in as it gives punters a feel for what you have. This can reassure them that you are going to turn up and put on a good show.
    Tony,

I'm curious...do you REALLY think that an equipment page reassures clients that you're going to turn up & put on a good show?

I'm sorry, but I can't see the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Tony,

I'm curious...do you REALLY think that an equipment page reassures clients that you're going to turn up & put on a good show?

I'm sorry, but I can't see the connection.

Haven't we already had that discussion recently?. I'm getting dizzy again