Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiddies Disco 4 yr olds

Lightbulb Kiddies Disco 4 yr olds

I've got my first 'gig' in a couple of weeks and need some advice.

Have offered to do a friends 4 yr old lad's disco as a dry run as I've not yet given the kit an airing.

Any ideas for apprporiate music and some games as we'll have a handful of 5s and 6s there too

A quick selection just sprung to mind...

Music Man
    Superman
    Hokey cokey
    DJ Otz - Hey baby
    Tony Christie - Amarillo
    something from Grease + Leona for the girls!
    The ketchup song

Musical statues
    Best air guitar to a suitable tune

Have got a couple of good CDs Ultimate cheese and Knees Up to name two which have got loads on them, but what would you think apt for this age group?

Any help most welcome. Can't believe I'm getting a bit nervous about a kids party!!

Cheers
    Steve

A disco for a 4 year old?? He won't know what's going on, he'll just be walking and running about, certainly not dancing! You're gonna need help from the adults organising games - musical chairs/statues etc, maybe a balloons game. At that age, their concentration span lasts minutes, so they won't be dancing much!

Sorry if that's a bit negative, I didn't mean it to be, but I would say your best chance is to go with plenty of party games
    Last edited by BeerFunk; 19-06-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Cheers BeerFunk, I know it's gettin late, but the title does say 4yr old

so on that basis, any ideas

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    Cheers BeerFunk, I know it's gettin late, but the title does say 4yr old

so on that basis, any ideas

cheers
    Ah, yeah, missed out the '4'

I'd say it all still applies though?

I got a CD called 'Let's Have a Party' aimed at this sort of age. Bit of a cheat really because it does it all for you.....put CD in and play....even talking on it to get the kids attention.

Try here http://www.kidscdsandtapes.com/

Hope this helps.

£2 for Woolies..
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Mayhem, is the best man to offer advice.

How many hours is the duration of the party?. Like Beerfunk has has mentioned you'll need lots of games and activities organised, they're at an age where dancing alone won't grab their attention for too long.

Children's parties are probably the only type of gig I truly feel out of my comfort zone..to the extent that I no longer do children's parties under 10 years old.

Anyways, I'm sure Mayhem will be along to offer some great advice on the do's and dont's of children's entertaining. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Shaun; 20-06-2007 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling

A great one for this age is TV Themes..

Get some from CBeebies (Like Fimbles, Balamory etc) or LazyTown, Bear In The big Blue House etc and then challenge the kids...

Get lots of sweets and then say "I bet you'll never guess what this is off" and then offer sweets as prizes.. Kids (even shy ones) will run from all over the hall to shout into the microphone what the answer is...

And if you have a system where you can change their voices to Pinky and Perky status, that's even better...

Works everytime for this age range...

Also - Get a balloon pump and some modelling balloons and make them some swords or dogs... They love them.. If you don't know how, YouTube has videos on how to make them or just throw the inflated balloons into the audience - Either way they love it and it they are sword fighting (or just running around with them) they are interacting in a way you have specified and the parents are happy.

I love kids.

Couldn't eat a whole one though

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I love kids.Couldn't eat a whole one though
    'Just another wafer thin mint sir........'
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tonsk View Post

Also - Get a balloon pump and some modelling balloons and make them some swords or dogs... They love them.. If you don't know how, YouTube has videos on how to make them or just throw the inflated balloons into the audience - Either way they love it and it they are sword fighting (or just running around with them) they are interacting in a way you have specified and the parents are happy.

BALLOONS! did somebodymention balloons

The problem with balloons is you totally loose their attention because they are too busy playing footie with the darn things
    'Invite Us To Your Party'