Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cancellations contracts terms and conditions

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    Well, in the first one you are suggesting giving opinions and explanations and in the second you are suggesting that you don't. I appreciate that one is an email and the other the Ts & Cs themselves but it still seems like contradictory advice to me.
    Al,

The whole point is that one is an informal email & the other is the formal terms & conditions. It's impossible to compare the two, as they are completely different.

You wouldn't write an initial friendly email requesting payment for a cancelled gig using the same kind of wording as that on your terms & conditions...

...and you wouldn't write your terms & conditions using the same kind of wording that you'd use on an initial friendly email that you'd send to a client.

Therefore, the advice I gave on one would not apply to the other, and vice versa...so there was no contradiction whatsoever in my what I was saying. It would only be a contradiction if I was giving different advice about the SAME THING...which I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hi guys

12 hours before my 2 week holiday I have a dilemma ........

had a wedding booked on the 24th August 2 days after I get back off holiday and yes in 2 weeks time ...

heres the problem...

had an email this afternoon "sorry we have had some bad news we have to cancel our booking on the 24th , can you please inform us what will happen to the £100 we have already paid? thanks"

my terms and conditions state that if a client cancels within a 31 day period then the full balance is payable ....

I have no intention of refunding the £100 this close to be honest but the dilemma is do I chase the remaining balance also? those that have met me know im mr. nice guy and I have no idea about how to go about chasing this up ? probably sounds really stupid to some of you i know.

what course of action would you take in this situation ....... I get on a plane in 12 hours lol

yes I do have a signed contract that says they have read and understood the t and cs etc.

Thanks guys.
    Hi Dave,
    If this is who i think it is.....give us a bell when your back!!
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Hi Dave,
    Nice to have caught up........
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"