Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Asian Wedding

We play Bhangra and Turkish music when working for the local council on fundays in the park.

If you sit down and listen to the music they supply you will find it actually mixes quite well with R'n'B tracks in general. This will give you a nice transition between the Asian and western.

Your main problem is not knowing what they are singing about. This is more likely to cause offence. Do you know any performing arts students in the area? If you can find one who speaks the right language and is willing to roadie, grab them and get them to advise you on content. They will also know the precedents for traditional weddings.

And Bollywood is also popular, and much less contentious in content.

Good luck, mate.
    Do you really want me to play that?

Magic Moments ....... making your moment magic.
    www.magicmoments-disco.co.uk

Secretary of NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps View Post
    Basically, this will be the first wedding of this type I have done. Really I guess I am interested to hear from anyone who has provided a disco for this type of wedding. Would love any advice, commetns or suggestions. I am of course going to discuss all the music with my client (which is why they booked me), but I currently know very little about indian music and am therefore keen to do some homework before I talk further with the client.

Hope that is a little clearer?
    We have done an Asian Engagement (to our suprise as we were booked though an agent,and did not know until we got there ) and after asking the agent he did not know either!!

However it went down well and they requested Western Type music firstly and Bhangra later ,if thats any help
    For Karaoke & Discos in Torbay & South Devon
    http://www.starmaker2000disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    OK, now I knew that you guys call Asian what we call Indian, and that we call Asian what you call Chinese... have I got that right?

The last big Hindi wedding that I did I got given a whole pile of Hindi-Pop on CD. I raced through it on the 'phones and figured out which Western pop song had been plundered for the beats and then I paired them up with each other, played the Western song first, then the Hindi, kept both sides of the equation happy
    any chance you could remember these? sounds like an interesting setlist in the works!