Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CRB checks

Thing is, until there is a simple way for all DJs to get a CRB check, it's not really an option, is it?

We did look into this and we did find a way around it, but it would cost around £130-£140 for the first check (normal rates for subsequent years). On that basis, I doubt that it would be worth implementing the system, as I doubt that very many would take it up.

I'm sure if you run a business you can elect to have yourself CRB'd (obviously at cost to yourself as Angela said.)

It's not like PAT and PLI though, you do need to be re-checked, but not every year. I think my school will be re-CRBing me in about 5 years time.

As I said in a previous post, you have to be re-CRB checked for each company you work for (I.E. my school CRB doesn't cover me as a DJ or technician). I'm not sure if you would need to be CRB'd for each place you worked in, as we are Mobile DJs, even if you were CRB'd under your own company name.

Not sure on that one, so if anyone knows the answer, please let us know!

It can't be that hard as we're about to CRB all our Club Night staff, at cost to us. (I'm not the one dealing with it, so I don't know huge amounts at this time)
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Sam

will, not entirely sure your right..
    I think when you have a certifcate of clearance it is ok.. as logn as they have checked all your areas (they can opt only to check certain bits.)
    As when i was first aiding for the council they asked me if i had a certificate.. when i said no.. they opted to get one done..

Could be wrong.

An employer can get an employee checked, but if you're self-employed, you can't get yourself checked..... and most DJs are self-employed.

You could get your client (who in that case is your employer as they are employing you to do a job) to get you checked, but then the certificate belongs to them, not to you and it's not transferable.

Sam

oh.. i stand corrected.