Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographs of Children

I think you're worrying too much, Will. So long as the photos are decent and respectable, and no-one is identified (close ups of faces etc), I dom't see a problem.

You're not gonna get hanged in public or anything!

Or something like this

I know it's not hanging......
    Last edited by Penfold42; 19-08-2007 at 09:18 AM.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

What do the event organisors say? If you ask them and they say it is OK then surely the ball is in their court.

Personally, if the pictures are decent, no names are mentioned then i would have thought it should be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
    What do the event organisors say? If you ask them and they say it is OK then surely the ball is in their court.

Personally, if the pictures are decent, no names are mentioned then i would have thought it should be acceptable.
    I am the event organiser...

I have teamed up with a colleauge at work, who runs a local Computer company, and between us...we will be bringing "Club Night" to one of the local Clubs every other month. www.egclubnight.co.uk
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Ah!

Good old Billy Rocks eh! Brings back memories........

If all else fails ask the local CAB.

As mentioned on another post recently no you can't take pictures of children under the age of 18 without consent from parents and this is written consent.

Here is the law relating to this

The Protection of Children Act 1978 by raising the age of a “child” from 16 to 18. This means that it is now an offence to “take, make, allow to take, distribute, show, possess with intent to distribute, or advertise indecent photos or pseudo-photographs of children under the age of 18”.

Which goes hand in hand with the data protection act .
    Think people are forgetting you are providing entertainment not the official phtographer.
    Some people may think it's pc gone mad but it's to protect children, you will be surprised what peadophilles get their thrills from on photos!!

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    As mentioned on another post recently no you can't take pictures of children under the age of 18 without consent from parents and this is written consent.

Here is the law relating to this

The Protection of Children Act 1978 by raising the age of a “child” from 16 to 18. This means that it is now an offence to “take, make, allow to take, distribute, show, possess with intent to distribute, or advertise indecent photos or pseudo-photographs of children under the age of 18”.
    Hang on - that doesn't say you can't take photos - it says you can't take photos to use indecently. There is a hell of a difference between the two.

Exactly what I've posted on the other thread where this is mentioned!

Actually, I've just remembered: It was on the news recently where schools who banned filming of the school play by the audience got their knuckles wrapped for being so bloody stupid!

I think this is a case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Exactly what I've posted on the other thread where this is mentioned!

Actually, I've just remembered: It was on the news recently where schools who banned filming of the school play by the audience got their knuckles wrapped for being so bloody stupid!

I think this is a case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
    O.K. I have a lot of knowledge and i dont apreciate that comment and I do know what i'm talking about.
    Most companies that I have and do work for will not let you take a mobile phone on site in case it has a camera on it due to the data protection act for a start.
    As I said before it is to protect children from any sort of exploitation by paedophilles runs with data protection act as a lot of acts in law do.
    You CANNOT take pictures of children under the age of 18 WITHOUT CONSENT it's the LAW just because people have got away with it and no one has said anything doesnt mean it's legal.
    It's just to cover people's backs on here that's all, and legally same really goes for adults under the data protection act why do you think on Police Camera Action they have their faces fuzzed out?
    It's not because they havn't been proved guilty yet.
    They have asked the person in the film if they can identify them and in most cases they say no.

O.K. I have a lot of knowledge and i dont apreciate that comment and I do know what i'm talking about.
    ...and I didn't appreciate the way you replied to me in the other thread for asking for confirmation of your assertion.
    Most companies that I have and do work for will not let you take a mobile phone on site in case it has a camera on it due to the data protection act for a start.
    As I said before it is to protect children from any sort of exploitation by paedophilles runs with data protection act as a lot of acts in law do.
    You CANNOT take pictures of children under the age of 18 WITHOUT CONSENT it's the LAW just because people have got away with it and no one has said anything doesnt mean it's legal.
    It's just to cover people's backs on here that's all, and legally same really goes for adults under the data protection act why do you think on Police Camera Action they have their faces fuzzed out?
    It's not because they havn't been proved guilty yet.
    They have asked the person in the film if they can identify them and in most cases they say no.
    ...and I simply asked you if you could please point out the piece of legislation that states this. In reply, you have quoted a piece of legislation that clearly does NOT state what you say it does.

So many companies spout 'Data Protection' issues as a catch-all and take a 'just in case' approach, without actually knowing what the Data Protection Act states, and as such are perpetuating myths that have grown up around this and other legislation.

'Good practice' and 'The Law' are not necessarily the same!

Oh, and they pixelated faces on those sort of programs L-O-N-G before the Data Protection Act existed.

I am simply asking for independent authoritative verification of your categoric statement that it is against the law - which I still haven't seen (either from yourself or anyone else stating this)