Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh Dear - Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics View Post
    I understand that is the case with tghis company, but although that is thier policy, its not complying with the sale and supply of goods act (amended 1994), the act basically states that if the item is inheritly faulty then within 6 months the consumer can request a replacement, repair or refund.

As i stated i could do that no problem, but in order to get to the battery i need to remove a warrenty sticker (that says warrenty is invalid if removed) and i would more likely need to remove other components first (in my experiance of this laptop) as its not easilly located. I dont wish to do that whilst the laptop is only 3 months as its a 2 year manufacters warrenty thats on it.

Also as steve says - its now pride
    not meaning to cause any offence before i start thhis post but......

I will stick my neck out here and say i think you may have misinterpreted the sale of goods act by the way you have made certain sections bold in your original post. Most of the points you have made bold relate to this term the goods do not conform to the contract of sale at the time of delivery which the retailer will flatly deny as you had the item 112 days before you complained. Also the fault is caused by a battery which they will claim is not the item being inherently faulty just a serviceable part as it does not stop the item from functioning properly it is a minor fault.

For the sake of a CMOS battery I would just let them repair it rather than complain too much.

If your case was 100% water tight on this i would push it but from what i can see it is not and if this goes too far all you will do is end up red faced.

my 2p anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Errr...doesn't that mean it's time to get up?
    I was wondering what that was

I mean when you have the radio on there is a low buzzing sound. It only happens with the alarm or the dab channels, it is fine on fm

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Never go into an electrical retailer on a Saturday. (with the intention of buying or finding any info anyway)
    I was talking mostly about when they are slack. On a couple of occasions I was the only customer in the shop. I think they were trying to get me to play hide and seek with them lol.

Unless I know exactly what I want and it's at a low price, I'll just stick to the private retailer from now on. You can get every bit as could a deal (sometimes better) and you get sales staff who know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWayne View Post
    not meaning to cause any offence before i start thhis post but......

I will stick my neck out here and say i think you may have misinterpreted the sale of goods act by the way you have made certain sections bold in your original post. Most of the points you have made bold relate to this term the goods do not conform to the contract of sale at the time of delivery which the retailer will flatly deny as you had the item 112 days before you complained. Also the fault is caused by a battery which they will claim is not the item being inherently faulty just a serviceable part as it does not stop the item from functioning properly it is a minor fault.

For the sake of a CMOS battery I would just let them repair it rather than complain too much.

If your case was 100% water tight on this i would push it but from what i can see it is not and if this goes too far all you will do is end up red faced.

my 2p anyway
    Well trading standards have said that i have a case although i do not have the same rights as a consumer under the sale of goods act, because it was bought for business (so be careful).

they have stated that i should (not must) allow the retailer to do a repair as long as i am not inconvienaced, so i called the retailer who said "reapirs take up to 28 days, if not done by then we will replace the machine", i argued that i am massivley inconveinanced as its a back up machine, what happens if my other machine breaks down during a gig? the guy replied that usually its 7-10 days its away for , yet couldn't guarentee, - still refused to exchange or refund, so i have now to go back to trading standards as a result (as per TS officers suggestion)
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

nigelwright7557

PC's rely on a calender/time chip to keep the time.
    If the battery is not low or flat then it could be the timing crystal on the motherboard.
    It is very imprtant with new equipment that you try it out quickly after purchase and look for faults.