Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear - Here we go

Excuse me while I swat that d@mn bug!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    There are principals at stake now though, they've refused to comply with Gary's rights as the law stands. I saw make them give a refund, & don't use any stores within that group of companies.
    As I said, it would be much easier to get a repair, especially as it's only a backup laptop.

Make a stand and it will take ages, and you won't have a backup laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Excuse me while I swat that d@mn bug!
    LOL......wouldn't do that...it will cost you a few Shekels........

I like it.....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    As I said, it would be much easier to get a repair, especially as it's only a backup laptop.

Make a stand and it will take ages, and you won't have a backup laptop.
    It sounds to me like the backup laptop, needs a backup!
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Going slightly off topic here.

I am far from impressed with these guys. In my local store they seem to be afraid of dealing with cutomers. Understandable when the store is full. But I have went in on numerous occasions when they were slack only to end up walking out without making a purchase. Recently I did manage to collar one assistant who, when I told her what I was after (can't remember what it was now) she just said they're over there and I had to ask her to show me the different ones. Even then they just read what is written on the cards or the box. Just a few weeks ago my girlfriend was after a laptop and the girl who dealt with us said that 512MB was the speed of the computer. Some of them haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

Of recent major purchases. I have had to return 1 digital camera 2 pvr's (in fairness this turned out to be a design fault) and at christmas I bought myself a DAB clock/radio. There is a buzzing noise from the radio but it's not too bad so i'll just put up with it rather than bring back yet another item.

I agree with whoever it was that said that it's the CMOS battery. All PCS, as far as I know, have a battery to keep internal time, which is why your PC's time is usually right even when it's been off for ages. I understand about the principle of the thing, but at some point you've spent more of your valuable time than the issue is worth. You could just about replace it yourself, or just 'phone a friend' who works in IT to do it for you
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

you may find that in their terms and conditions they state that after the item is 28 days old they will send the item off for repair, I know that was the policy of a high street retailer i worked for in the past

Quote Originally Posted by djgordyp View Post
    I bought myself a DAB clock/radio. There is a buzzing noise from the radio but it's not too bad so i'll just put up with it
    Errr...doesn't that mean it's time to get up?

Quote Originally Posted by DJWayne View Post
    you may find that in their terms and conditions they state that after the item is 28 days old they will send the item off for repair, I know that was the policy of a high street retailer i worked for in the past
    I understand that is the case with tghis company, but although that is thier policy, its not complying with the sale and supply of goods act (amended 1994), the act basically states that if the item is inheritly faulty then within 6 months the consumer can request a replacement, repair or refund.

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    I agree with whoever it was that said that it's the CMOS battery. All PCS, as far as I know, have a battery to keep internal time, which is why your PC's time is usually right even when it's been off for ages. I understand about the principle of the thing, but at some point you've spent more of your valuable time than the issue is worth. You could just about replace it yourself, or just 'phone a friend' who works in IT to do it for you
    As i stated i could do that no problem, but in order to get to the battery i need to remove a warrenty sticker (that says warrenty is invalid if removed) and i would more likely need to remove other components first (in my experiance of this laptop) as its not easilly located. I dont wish to do that whilst the laptop is only 3 months as its a 2 year manufacters warrenty thats on it.

Also as steve says - its now pride
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by djgordyp View Post
    Going slightly off topic here.

I am far from impressed with these guys. In my local store they seem to be afraid of dealing with cutomers. Understandable when the store is full. But I have went in on numerous occasions when they were slack only to end up walking out without making a purchase. Recently I did manage to collar one assistant who, when I told her what I was after (can't remember what it was now) she just said they're over there and I had to ask her to show me the different ones. Even then they just read what is written on the cards or the box. Just a few weeks ago my girlfriend was after a laptop and the girl who dealt with us said that 512MB was the speed of the computer. Some of them haven't got a clue what they are talking about.
    Never go into an electrical retailer on a Saturday. (with the intention of buying or finding any info anyway)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries