Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: best place to buy

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • supermarkets

1 20.00%
  • internet

2 40.00%
  • Virgin etc...

0 0%
  • somewhere else

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy Karaoke/Backing tracks!

you want to try ebay for some cheap discs and also try your local retailers as they sell most of the stuff, plenty of cheap clearence discs on the internet too if you keep your eyes peeled.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    you want to try ebay for some cheap discs and also try your local retailers as they sell most of the stuff, plenty of cheap clearence discs on the internet too if you keep your eyes peeled.
    Yes, but I would consider every purchase carefully first, as to whether you need the songs on offer. Most cheap/clearance discs I've seen tend to be full of 'filler' tracks and expired chart music - most of which will never even be used.

Gonna have to say EBAY as I know a good supplier there for collections??

Apart from this I would suggest custom burn for every thing you aint got

I buy mine from Cookies.co.uk, EMkaraoke.co.uk, Discoworlduk.com and Singtotheworld.co.uk

STTW also so custom discs at £1.75 a track which is great value!

Sarah

Me Please Pm Me Your Email Thanks
    Last edited by Penfold42; 19-05-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Text Speak

Quote Originally Posted by knight3000 View Post
    Me Please Pm Me Your Email Thanks
    Please take a moment to read this.....

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.u...ad.php?t=11711
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post

I think the more important thing to consider here, is do you really want to take on karaoke??

If your reasoning is that it will generate more income for you alongside discos, then i would seriously think twice about it. There are other threads in this section with good advice in them.
    Karaoke is still very much alive and going strong as far I can see. I does generate extra income but, granted, not enough to make me mega rich but I get by!

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    remember karaoke and disco on the same night dont work there will be alot of people on this forum will say the same
    I do think karaoke mixes well with a disco given the right audience. But its up to the DJ/KJ to run the night and mix everything up nicely. It can be done! (I'm living proof!)

As for places to buy your discs then I too would recommend Images but I also buy from local suppliers and by subscription so I can keep up to date with the latest releases.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

remember karaoke and disco on the same night dont work there will be alot of people on this forum will say the same
    Most of the karaoke's i've done, or helped James with, have been with disco, and they've worked brilliantly, as when they want to dance (keep it upbeat between singers and you'll soon know if they want to!) you play tracks.. if the floor thins you get a karaoke singer up! Sometimes then dance whilst the people are singing too.

Admitadley, these were all private functions rather than just general pub nights though.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    well you wouldnt buy karaoke from a supermarket or virgin try got a goot disc set
    http://www.images2.co.uk/Karaoke_Dis...argain_Prices/
    That does seem like a good deal - what make are they and can you see what your getting
    If you can't convince them, confuse them

yeah ive done many karaoke/discos and mostly they have worked very well, but you need to keep control.
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.