Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "How much!?!...but it's only a kids party!!"

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    but around south Yorkshire people wont pay much more than 100.00 because there is some people in yellow pages who charge £90.00

so i cant realy aford to do a sturday night for £60.00 as i would charge in day time for a kid party

100 for what? Wedding discos??

Seems pretty low..

Well belive it some djs go out for £80 around here... Yellow pages around here has just become full of enquiries for cheap dj's... find it very hard to compete with all the under cutting going off but i'm sticking to my prices for what i charge and put out.

As for kids partys people don't realise that we have to work alot harder with the kids, interacting with them, playing games , getting down to their level... Might only be 2 -3 hours but we are putting in alot of work for it

80 to 100 quid is about the going rate round here due to so many average discos undercutting each other. Just got to stick to your guns. People will surely start to relise that they are getting what they pay for. If you pay Ford prices you arnt going to get Ferrari performance so to speak.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

yep i always tell the customer you are paying for quality like everything else in the world.

When reading these threads, it always makes me wonder if people actually do as they say they do in the real world.

I might surprise a few of you with an 'undercover' phone call to get a few prices and see what you say.

Good thinking daz...

ring a few local companies in my area and you will be shocked at some prices.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Well yeah.. its one thing saying you quote high.. but that doesn't mean anythinig unless you actually get enough gigs.

I don't do many kids parties Have one in November though, but thats only because it was a quiet month so i dropped to £275 for a Saturday evening.. but don't tell anyone...
    Last edited by Danno13; 17-10-2007 at 07:55 PM.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Well yeah.. its one thing saying you quote high.. but that doesn't mean anythinig unless you actually get enough gigs.

I don't do many kids parties Have one in November though, but thats only because it was a quiet month so i dropped to £275 for a Saturday evening.. but don't tell anyone...

who are you talking to.. or was it a general message?

I'm like you.. tend to stay away from the Kids discos.. because i don't go below £150 normally and because I don't like them as much as other events like 18ths or weddings
    Last edited by Danno13; 17-10-2007 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Well yeah.. its one thingit was a quiet month so i dropped to £275 for a Saturday evening.. but don't tell anyone...
    Danno dropped to £275 for a Saturday evening
    Last edited by Danno13; 17-10-2007 at 07:54 PM.