Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking pictures at gigs!

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Plucked View Post
    I have been experimenting with a Kodak c913 9.1 mega pixel camera (Argos £49.99) and with the flash off and manually set the iso to 800 you can get some pretty decent results.
    I have always been impressed with the Kodak cameras.
    Mine is just 5 megapixels but is good for still and video footage with sound.

It's a cracking deal for less than £50 3 x Optical zoom and 5 x Digital zoom and anti blur protection.

I have been experimenting with a Kodak c913 9.1 mega pixel camera (Argos £49.99) and with the flash off and manually set the iso to 800 you can get some pretty decent results.
    It's a cracking deal for less than £50 3 x Optical zoom and 5 x Digital zoom and anti blur protection.
    The disco pics on MY website were taken with a 4 mega pixel camera.

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard there's not much point going over 5 mega pixels, as once you go higher than that there's not really any noticeable difference in the quality of the pics...but the DISADVANTAGE is that the pics take up tons of space, so your memory stick will hold loads less photos.

yes thats partly right Rob, but the advantage of more megapixels is, if you have to crop pics the more megapixels you have you still maintain the quality of the pic, It's 'Swings & Roundabouts' really !

any particular camera you guys use that you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    any particular camera you guys use that you would recommend?
    Ive not got one but a photograper friend recommended i get a SLR/DSLR as it takes photos as soon as you press the button (something to do with exposure or something, but the light beams are clearer), whereas a normal digital camera will over expose and you get blury shots. I havnt a clue what im talking about really , just trying to remember the conversation. He definately said SLR/DSLR though.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

One thing that baffles me is how "DJ's" find the time to take photos during gigs...

I mean after all they should be playing the music not taking photos - No doubt if its a wedding, a photographer will already be employed to take photos and a quick word in his shell-like may result in some decent pics for a little bit of cash in his pocket.

Some DJ's could do with concentrating on what they are being employed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    One thing that baffles me is how "DJ's" find the time to take photos during gigs...

I mean after all they should be playing the music not taking photos - No doubt if its a wedding, a photographer will already be employed to take photos and a quick word in his shell-like may result in some decent pics for a little bit of cash in his pocket.

Some DJ's could do with concentrating on what they are being employed to do.
    And if there are two of you, or it is a dinner/dance where there isn't much to do for a couple of hours? Or perhaps they get to the gig early to take some promo shots. Or perhaps they take a roadie to take some photos?

The list is endless.

Ahh but that bit is different Darren - my bad...

To better explain my comment came of the back of a telephone conversation a had with another DJ yesterday who was moaning at my use of stock photos on my wedding website and he was banging on that he always took photos of first dances etc, I told him I couldn't think of a more tasteless thing to do during a first dance, well OK I can but you get my drift.....

Pre-event promo pics and the like are OK in my book but then again the host is paying you perform not take the time for rig piccies as I'm sure they would rather you did this on your own time

Anywho I digress and hopefully this will swing back on topic - good info there Eddie.

I employed this polish guy who came highly recommended to me. I offered him £80 to take some photos during the gig. 655 photos later and could not find one that i thought would be suitable for the site. Sometimes its easier for the dj to take photos at the gig because they are the ones who can spot the shot they want.

In all fairness only time ive taken photos is from the dj booth when theres a packed dance floor.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk